News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1949 vacuum hose from windshield washer switch

Started by AnHie65, March 05, 2021, 12:23:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnHie65

Hi,
Any available pictures or similar of the windshield washer switch hoses; where goes the thicker hose and where goes the thinner one from the switch?

Thanks,
Anssi from Finland, Europe

Jay Friedman

The thicker hose goes to the top hole on the large rubber grommet on the driver's side of the firewall where it connects to a short metal pipe that goes through the top hole of the rubber grommet.  On the other side of the rubber grommet a second hose connects to the short metal pipe and then goes to the top connection on the windshield washer pump.

The narrower hose connects to the narrower connection on a metal "Y" junction which is the vacuum source for the windshield washer switch.  The "tail" of the Y junction connects to a wider hose that connects to a short metal pipe that goes through the middle hole of the large rubber grommet.  On the other side of the rubber grommet a second hose connects to the short metal pipe and then goes across the firewall to a metal "T" junction in the hose going from the bottom of the fuel pump to the windshield wiper motor.

I hope I have explained this clearly.  For further information on the vacuum system, if you send me your email address at jaysfriedman@yahoo.com I'll try to send you a diagram of the whole system including the windshield washer parts. 

1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

AnHie65

Hi,
Many thanks! Clear instructions; still I did send You my email for possible diagram.

Br,
Anssi

Rossoroo

49-6269 My First Caddy

Rossoroo

Hopefully this helps.
The colours didn't come through very well.
If you have questions you can PM me
49-6269 My First Caddy