News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Seat Belt Anchor Locations

Started by TrevorK, March 07, 2021, 06:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrevorK

Hi,

I’m looking for some guidance on where to locate the holes for the seat belts in my 1960 coupe. I was under the impression that the attached GM service bulletin was for the 1960 model year, but my car doesn’t seem to have the dimples that are referred to in the bulletin. My car is well past engine No. 2000 so should have them, unless I’m missing something.
Trevor Korsrud

1960 Cadillac Coupe DeVille
1963 Cadillac Convertible

TrevorK

Bump...hoping someone has some insight.
Trevor Korsrud

TrevorK

Trevor Korsrud

bobrich47

Hi Trevor, I'm just guessing here. It's hard to tell from your photo, & I'm not an engineer. I would put them near those oblong stampings or where the angles are, I think those areas have more integrity. As opposed to the middle of flat sections that will have more flex.I put a seat belt in the back of my '47, 25 years ago so I could hold a car seat when my kids were young. I also used a big washer to give the bolt a bigger "footprint ". Luckily, I never needed to test my work!     I'm not sure if you're looking for total authenticity but,  I think as long as you install them cleanly, it wont matter. Good luck!
Bob Richards

David Greenburg

I was never able to find the "dimples" on my '60, either, so I wound up putting the mounts in about those locations.  I did use big thick, square washers (the type used in building construction) to increase the "footprint" as Bob describes.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

doug neff

On my 1962 I could only find the pre-threaded belt mount locations from the underside of the car.

Doug
Doug Neff
1962 Fleetwood

David Greenburg

Starting in '62, there were actual pre-threaded mounting holes. Before that was just the dimples.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special