News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1976 eldorado convertible rear armrest lights and trunk light not working.

Started by Michaelangelo P, March 13, 2021, 04:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michaelangelo P

Hello all

I am having an issue with the rear armrest lights not turning on. It is both sides. Front lights under dash work fine I tried the bulbs and messing with both door switches but its not working. Tried voltage and they have 12 volts and I used a ground but still not working. Trunk light is out as well.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
M. Pasquali
Michaelangelo Pasquali

Cadillac Fleetwood

The "body feed" fuse and circuit controls the rear compartment courtesy lights, door courtesy lights, glove box and trunk lights, as well as the rear compartment cigarette lighters. The passenger side illuminated vanity mirror is on this circuit also. If you are getting 12 volts at the courtesy light fixture, then the bulbs may be defective or not making a good connection.  The rear quarter courtesy lights take a 212-2 cylindrical bulb with metal contacts at both ends.

-Charles Fares
Forty-Five Years of Continuous Cadillac Ownership
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 DeVille Convertible
1989 Fleetwood

"The splendor of the most special occasion is rivaled only by the pleasure of journeying there in a Cadillac"

Michaelangelo P

Thanks for the quick reply

You are correct I lost all mentioned. However I checked all the bulbs are they are fine. What is the body feed and circuit controls? I want to get this going so any help would be great and appreciated

Also the front lights under the dash are always on even when the car is off.
Thanks again
M.pasquali
Michaelangelo Pasquali

winger888

Had a similar problem lately. Lights did not work, but pushing in one of the three cigar lighters in the armrests made the front lights under the dash glow!
Easy fix by renewing the fuse (which was blown and this still happend) under the dash (Number 25?) and changing all the rusty cigar lighters.
They obviously caused a shortcut big enough to get power through the door switch to the lights under the dash which are on a different fuse (electric circle)
76 Eldorado Bicentennial
79 Lincoln Town Car Collectors Series

Michaelangelo P

Thanks for the help. I checked continuity in the fuse while it was in the fuse holder it was fine but removed it and seen it was blown.
Thanks for all the input and help much appriciated
M.Pasquali
Michaelangelo Pasquali