News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1934 LaSalle wheel cylinder sleeving

Started by Mike Baillargeon #15848, March 15, 2021, 12:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Baillargeon #15848

While I wait for the weather to get better.... so I can get back to testing my cooling system problems....

I pulled the one leaking wheel cylinder, right front, and I shipped it off to White Post for sleeving...you can't walk into a NAPA and get a re-manufactured one...so off it went to White Post...

Got it back today....4 week turn around and $85 for the sleeve and $20 for shipping and handling.....

Looks good I'm sure it's going to work.....can't wait to get back on the road to test all systems.....All of the little pistons had that little hole in them...not sure why, but the other cylinders work fine....

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

Poncholover

Did they use brass or stainless. I have heard that brass conforms better and is less likely to leak internally?
Flattie Caddy

Mike Baillargeon #15848

I'm not sure what they used....but from the pictures, that gold color on the sleeve leads me to believe it's brass...

I'm going to bleed the system today and we're going to see what happens...

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon