News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

TP TOOLS NOT GOING TO SPRING CARLISLE

Started by Fred Zwicker #23106, March 26, 2021, 08:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred Zwicker #23106

I am the original founder of Tip Tools (TP Tools) in Canfield, Ohio and want to advise that we will not be displaying at Spring Carlisle this year (after over 40 years at the spring show).  Several of our employees were hit hard with Covid-19 , and since then we are experiencing a shortage of steel and other components to manufacture our abrasive blasting cabinets, vacuums, dust collectors and HVLP paint spray systems.  Last year the spring show was postponed into the summer and we also did not attend.  Sorry.

Attached is a picture of my 1940 Cadillac Series 75 4 dr. convertible that we restored in our shop at TP Tools. This car was shown only once and won "best of show" at the big Boardman, Ohio summer car show (over 300 cars).

Fred
1930 LaSalle Convertible Coupe, CCCA Senior
1939 LaSalle 2-Dr. Conv.  CLC Senior in 2008
1940 Cadillac Series 75 4 Dr. Convertible
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1948 Cadillac Convertible - modified by Holly (driver)
1966 Cadillac DeVille Conv. Restored - Red
See Pictures at www.tpcarcollection.com

jdemerson

Fred,

I just reviewed the photos of this car on your Museum web site. It is really spectacular! Thank you for posting. Maybe you can take it to a Grand National or a CLC Fall Festival at the Gilmore Museum someday.

John Emerson
1952 Cadillac Sedan 6219X
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn

jdemerson

Fred,

I noted what I believe is a small error in your description of the 1940 Series 75 Convertible Sedan on the TP web page. It says "Its unique side mounted spare tires and running boards were the last manufactured by Cadillac." Although that is true for the side-mounts, I don't think it is true for the running boards. Series 75 models in 1941 and 1942 still had external running boards. At least that is what the data books show, and I think I recall that on actually Series 75 cars for those years. I believe that Cadillac still made running boards on Series 75 cars through 1949, but someone may correct me here.

Regards,
John
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn

Dave Ventresca

you are correct, John. 1949 was last year for running boards on the limos. Dave

Fred Zwicker #23106

Thanks for the correction.  This will be changed in a few weeks, as we are bogged down now, trying to locate components that are becoming very scarce.  Yesterday we received an order of tempered glass and the order was sent on heavy streel fixtures.  We called to find out why and they said their supplier of crating lumber was out of the heavy wood normally used to make crates.  Last week it was the steel vacuum buckets. What is next?  One thing that will be next is plenty of inflation.

The 1940 Series 75 Cadillac was originally in Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Secret Service Fleet (all documented) and is one of everyone's favorites at our car museum in Canfield.  See www.tipcars.us

As for taking the 40 Cad to the Grand Nationals if sometime in our area we will do so. The last Grand National that I attended was in Cherry Hill, NJ around 2008 or 2009 I think. I took my 1939 LaSalle Convertible and it did very well in the judging.

Fred

1930 LaSalle Convertible Coupe, CCCA Senior
1939 LaSalle 2-Dr. Conv.  CLC Senior in 2008
1940 Cadillac Series 75 4 Dr. Convertible
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1948 Cadillac Convertible - modified by Holly (driver)
1966 Cadillac DeVille Conv. Restored - Red
See Pictures at www.tpcarcollection.com