News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Well let's see if this post can offend someone...

Started by Cape Cod Fleetwood, March 28, 2021, 12:09:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cape Cod Fleetwood

The great thing about open houses is its a great time to take The Ark to the House of Amster every Saturday.
I get away from the house and the agent, bond with The Ark, everybody wins.

We're down to the "WV" list now vs the "EGADS" list, which ha$ been completed.
Today Michael fixed the sail panel light, broken thingy on the wire at the bulb, and adjusted the choke stove thingy. It
wasn't picking up a fast enough idle on its own, so he adjusted some thingy and said it will be better now. Whatever.
Don't ask me... I whine at Michael, he fixes it, I pay him, its a wonderful relationship. Although he didn't charge me today. And there's a lot of times he doesn't charge me. Michael/Hyannis Vintage Auto rules.  \m/

Next Saturday the new fuel tank comes off for some fixin'. The last time I topped off the fuel and came home, it was
leaking, pooling just inside of the right rear tire. Michael said something had come loose at the sending unit I think.
Whatever, its under warranty and it only leaks if I top it off, so I've been keeping the fuel under 3/4 tank.
And he wants to change the headlight switch - which I've had in stock for over a year. Next Saturday for that too.
2 weeks ago he put in a new power steering pump, 3 new Gates belts, new high pressure line, he pre-fabbed a new low pressure line and adjusted the trunk power pull down during an open house. EVERY pump in The Ark is brand new now.

Just a gorgeous warm day on Olde Cape Cod to be out and Arking, we went for a ride later, just cruising with friends,
our own little 1 car - car show, just a blast, so much fun. LOVE THIS CAR! And Jimmy Reid was right, "You'll run out of nerve before you run out of horsepower..." The car flies, effortlessly, what low end. The engine barely gets warm, hasn't burned a drop of oil since our first oil change. What a great job they all did at Reid's and Michael & Co at Hyannis. YAY!

Still want to get the drive shaft done, I hate drips. "If its not leaking, its empty." - M. Amster
But 'timing' could be an issue between Michael coming here, getting the car up on jacks, removing the shaft, me taking it to their shaft shop, that shop doing the work, me picking it up, Michael putting it back in. Everyone's busy. And I don't want to miss 1 single show. Unless I see a huge hole in the itinerary, that can wait. And after that's done, Michael wants the car back in the shop to check some thingy in the rear end thingy. Whatever.

What The Ark needs desperately right now is a BATH, he's filthy, then again I've been driving him relentlessly since I got him back on October 7th including all winter if the roads were reasonable. Michael said I'll be getting wet next week - meaning The Ark is going on the wash lift for the fuel tank job, and I'm going to be washing under the car again. Prolly to wash off the salt I swore I couldn't see during the winter.

Drive your cars, have some fun.  :-*
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

Hi Laurie -- glad you're having fun with the Ark.
That's what this hobby is all about after all.

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: Mike Josephic  CLC #3877 on March 28, 2021, 12:43:55 AM
Hi Laurie -- glad you're having fun with the Ark.
That's what this hobby is all about after all.

Mike

Hey Mike, wanna meet me and The Ark in Hershey in August? You gotta drive the '55 there!
Consider the gauntlet tossed!

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

James Landi

Laurie,

We need a photo of you, and your pit crew with the Ark.  By the way, I'm a great fan of Cape Cod.  Stream WFCC, FM up here in Maine (107.5 on the Ark's radio)  every day -- broadcasts from Chatham (their adverts are regionally unique, such as  "Zoe and Company Bra Fitters in Hyannis", the Cape Cod Gutter Monkeys, etc) yes,  Old Cape Cod still exists ... Happy day to you Laurie,   James

Carfreak

Laurie,

Have a pressure washer of your own I presume?  Why not pick up an undercarriage wash attachment? 

There are several styles to choose from.  Some can be moved around to clean the driveway too. 

https://bestcarcleaningproducts.com/automotive/best-pressure-washer-water-broom-undercarriage-cleaner/
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: Carfreak on March 28, 2021, 09:02:49 AM
Laurie,

Have a pressure washer of your own I presume?  Why not pick up an undercarriage wash attachment? 

There are several styles to choose from.  Some can be moved around to clean the driveway too. 

https://bestcarcleaningproducts.com/automotive/best-pressure-washer-water-broom-undercarriage-cleaner/

Have a great power washer, Briggs & Stratton 3100psi.
Give Michael and the boyz a chance to say "I told you so"?
Not on an f'ing bet. I've learned.
Under carriage will get washed at the shop, with them there.

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

hornetball

I'm confused.  Driveshafts don't leak.  The rear seal on the tranny or the pinion seal on the differential can leak.

??  Is Michael fixing one of the other two and you are rebuilding the driveshaft just "because"?  (Not a bad idea and not terribly expensive)

Yes, I've committed the cardinal sin of questioning your Gods.  Sorry.  Flame away!

Glad you're having fun with the ark though . . . .  :)

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: James Landi on March 28, 2021, 07:55:44 AM
Laurie,

We need a photo of you, and your pit crew with the Ark.  By the way, I'm a great fan of Cape Cod.  Stream WFCC, FM up here in Maine (107.5 on the Ark's radio)  every day -- broadcasts from Chatham (their adverts are regionally unique, such as  "Zoe and Company Bra Fitters in Hyannis", the Cape Cod Gutter Monkeys, etc) yes,  Old Cape Cod still exists ... Happy day to you Laurie,   James

James that picture doesn't exist, but its a great idea for the next time we're at the shop during the week when the whole crew is there. I do have individual pics of some, just not a group one. First pic is The Triumvirate the day The Ark died at the shop. Gary said someone put in a poor quality HEI, they ripped it all out and put The Ark back on old school points, etc, and it ran better than ever. And they were BUSY that day as they are every day. L-R Gary Amster (owner, Hyannis Vintage Auto), Chris Pyne (engines) and Michael Amster. Christmas party pics at the shop with Gary Amster and Michael Amster. Now I'm on a mission! A pic of The Ark with me, Gary, Michael, Chris and Mike Staab their main body guy, Mike's a hoot and there's no one better at body work. When we were trying to fit the new correct Fleetwood skirts on last fall after they painted them, they wouldn't go on, at all. So they asked Staab to put them on. He looked at the skirts, looked at the under side of the car, gave each a whack with a 3lb hammer, and they went on like original equipment. Mike Staab is represented with a pic of the correct skirts on correctly at Reid's when I went up there after The Ark was rolling again. The boys in that shop wanted to see the car and I wanted to buy the oil and filter for our first change from them. And a pic from yesterday. YES that trunk lid isn't getting any better, replacement is in stock, we're just waiting for a hole in the schedule with the body shop. If any pics are sideways, its not me, its this site.

Do you have the iHeart radio app? Stream WXTK 95.1 and PIXY 103 from Hyannis!

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: hornetball on March 28, 2021, 02:24:38 PM
I'm confused.  Driveshafts don't leak.  The rear seal on the tranny or the pinion seal on the differential can leak.

??  Is Michael fixing one of the other two and you are rebuilding the driveshaft just "because"?  (Not a bad idea and not terribly expensive)

Yes, I've committed the cardinal sin of questioning your Gods.  Sorry.  Flame away!

Glad you're having fun with the ark though . . . .  :)

Michael said the issue was the 'knuckle' (I think that was the word). Rebuild, rebalance, re-whatever. I just do as I'm told. I'm only allowed to fuel, polish and drive.

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

cadillacmike68

Laurie, did you have your carbie rebuilt? If not then the accelerator pump is not new. And unless your transmission was overhauled, its internal pumps are also not new.  :P 

I'm glad you are getting out and about in the Ark.

Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: cadillacmike68 on March 28, 2021, 02:52:25 PM
Laurie, did you have your carbie rebuilt? If not then the accelerator pump is not new. And unless your transmission was overhauled, its internal pumps are also not new.  :P 

I'm glad you are getting out and about in the Ark.

Transmission was completely rebuilt the year before I bought the car, seller provided documentation.
Carb was on Mustang Mike's desk when the engine went in for the rebuild at Reid's. Mike had carte blanche to do
whatever he wanted with it. I think he changed a screw...

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

cadillacmike68

I see you have the Fleetwood fender skirt trim pieces on. Nice.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

59-in-pieces

The Ark may be dirty down under, but SISS you need a dirty boy in your life.
BUTCHMAN
S. Butcher

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: cadillacmike68 on March 28, 2021, 11:52:02 PM
I see you have the Fleetwood fender skirt trim pieces on. Nice.

Those are new skirts, complete, not just the trim. Mike Josephic found them on eBay for me dirt cheap
and they were in mint condition. HVA painted and installed.

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Cape Cod Fleetwood

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville