News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

47 60S interior questions

Started by bobrich47, April 01, 2021, 05:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobrich47

Hello, I'm replacing the interior (headliner, carpet & seat upholstery)  and I'm having a couple issues.  First, the back cushion of the front seat. According to the body manual I have, it states to "straighten out metal retaining tabs of seat frame at bottom of seat back as shown  at "A".  I cant find or feel any behind the cushion. When I try to lift it up and out, It moves a bit & I can feel it's hooked somewhere.  So, I was going to just look from the back when I remove the upholstery on the divider.  Well that's my second issue. I'm not sure how to remove the Robe Cord. The example in the manual is not the same type. I think its Buick or Olds, so it's no help.    I removed the phillips screw on the underside  of the end bracket but, it dosent come off.  Do i need to drive a pin out through that small hole?    This body manual I have is very limited to Cadillac applications. Is there a Fleetwood or one more Cadillac specific.     Thanks, Bob.
Bob Richards

bobrich47

I tried to post more photos but only 1 went through. I'll try again.
Bob Richards

bobrich47

Not sure why they flipped. The 5th photo down is the under side of the robe cord.
Bob Richards