News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

47 front seat back cushion removal

Started by bobrich47, April 05, 2021, 10:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobrich47

I put up a post on 4/1, about removing the front seat back cushion in my 47 60S. I'm unable to simply lift it up & out as easily as the rear one did. The Fisher body manual that I have says to bend the tabs down at the bottom of the cushion, but I don't see or feel any when I reach up under it. I've tried to attack it from the back,  but I can't get the back panel off because I can't get the robe cord end brackets off. I removed a Phillips head screw from the underside, but that didn't help.There is a bolt or screw holding it on, probably accessable under the cord?  There are some photos on my earlier post.  I don't know how I can continue.  I am trying to be as careful as possible removing these interior fabric pieces for patterns.  Thanks, Bob.
Bob Richards

Decoda

On my 47 I pulled out the front seat bottom cushion then it was very easy to pull up the back cushion releasing it from the hooks. Here is a picture.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else.

Robert