News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1959 Fleetwood 60 Special - Is this the New York Yankees Caddy?

Started by FINZ Editor New Zealand, April 06, 2021, 04:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FINZ Editor New Zealand

Hi there. Ron Melville, Editor of FINZ Magazine of the CLC NZ. One of our members is trying to ascertain whether the Fleetwood VIN Number 7A8240B070925900 is in fact the genuine New York Yankees Caddy that was once owned by this famous baseball team? Colour is metallic green with matching interior. It has faded initials on both front doors and we think it says 'J McC' . Would anyone out there be able to throw any light on who this NYY baseballer could be? Or suggest who or where we maybe able to find out? This Caddy is in fine condition inside and out and appears to be in very good original order. Many thanks, Ron Melville finzmagazineemail addresses not permitted

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

FINZ Editor New Zealand

Ascertained the VIN given to me is the NZ VIN when it came into NZ. The only other numbers are this: chassis no: 59M125900

cadparts58

If this is the car I'm thinking it is. it belonged to a guy I know from Buffalo, NY. His name is Ceasar Banach. It was to supposed have been owned by Joe McCarthy of the Yankees.
Frank Puma #10721

David Greenburg

That "chassis number" sounds like the correct VIN for a '59 60S.  I've heard about the McCarthy car, and recall it was for sale a few years back.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

FINZ Editor New Zealand

Many thanks for this invaluable information. Is there any chance that Ceasar Banach may still be contactable to ascertain more info? Any suggestions appreciated. Best regards, Ron Melville CLC NZ and USA.