News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1953 Eldorado #365

Started by rikard454, April 07, 2021, 04:30:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rikard454

Good morning, the first year of the Cadillac Eldorado has been a life long dream of mine to own. But the high value of these cars has forced me to settle with somewhat newer Cadillac's (currently I own a 1973 Eldorado convertible, an official pace car replica).

But many years ago I purchased the continental kit that supposedly was added to #365 of the 1953 Eldorado's. The intention was to restore the bits & pieces and hang it on the wall in my garage but I realize now that it will probably never happen, too many projects with four cars and five motorcycles :-)

So I have started to consider selling the continental kit and it would be a really cool idea to offer it to the owner of car #365 first as it was originally placed on that specific car.

I have tried locating the car, seems it has been restored to its former glory and quite recently have been in Longmont Colorado and then changed hands.

Is the owner of that car here on this forum? Or does anyone have a clue where the car went from Longmont?

All hints on the whereabouts of this car will be greatly appreciated, either here in the forum och via a direct message to me or via my email rikard.stenbergemail addresses not permitted

Thanks in advance!
/Rikard

V63

What are the Colors of #365?

Dave Ventresca

365 is on the eldo database., very rough car. Dave

Mike Baillargeon #15848

The survivors list has a couple of pictures from 20 years ago....lets hope somebody at least got the car inside.....

https://www.newcadillacdatabase.org/static/CDB/Dbas_txt/eld53srv.htm

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

rwchatham CLC 21892

It was probably left off on purpose , they look much cleaner without that big bulky thing hanging on the back.
R. Waligora

Dave Ventresca

Ray, how is Junior's old car coming along? and which car did my old doors go on? Dave

rwchatham CLC 21892

Dave, juniors car got pushed back behind a few other projects but getting ready to do the interior once the S O interior is finished. Junior did an amazing job metal finishing the car its is smooth as silk.  Your doors are still here waiting for assignment on one of the other projects.
R. Waligora

larrygood

Hello Rikard-

I recently returned from California. I am posting my findings about Eldorado #365 here for the benefit of all.  While in Los Angeles, I tried to contact a CLC member there who claimed to have owned 1953 Eldorado #365 in the mid-teens.  Dave even tried to reach him, but we got no response, so we can't learn where the car went when he sold it.

The CLC New Database says Eldorado #365 has VIN 78594.  As discussed above, it appears as junk that went to Canada in 2001.  In recent years, two different restored '53 Eldorados appear on the internet claiming to be this car:

1.    The nicer restoration had a price of $244,995.  Showing pictures taken in 2015, various websites put its location either in Canada or Colorado at the same time.  Most websites have pulled it down, but you can still see it at

http://findclassicars.com/cadillac/42078-eldorado-365-in-factory-correct-azure-blue-and-white-complete-frame-off-resto.html

2.   The lesser restoration "runs good but needs some work."  It had prices of $100,500 or $185,000, depending on the website.  Showing pictures taken ca. 2018-19, websites put its location simultaneously in Colorado, Indiana or France.  See it at

http://topclassiccarsforsale.com/cadillac/490972-1953-cadillac-eldorado-convertible.html

http://www.collectorcarads.com/Cadillac-Eldorado/94604

In conclusion, nothing is clear.  With better luck, you may find body numbers of '53 Eldorados in Sweden and discover #365.  Keep me posted, please.

Larry
CLC #1737
'53 Eldorado #352