News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Vinyl top cleaner/protectant

Started by Uhegej, April 07, 2021, 10:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uhegej

What's the best reasonable priced cleaner/protectant for vinyl top. It's for my 1979 Fleetwood. Advice guys?
John Hegedus

1979 Fleetwood Brougham

James Landi

Heavy duty Armor all is  my "go to" product.  Just be aware that as the vinyl soaks in the product, your vinyl will become increasing reflective ( a "look" that you may not find attractive).   Over time, with rain and especially with sun, the vinyl will dull again.  In  my experience a bi monthly application helps to retard rust from forming and helps to extend the life of the vinyl.  I trust others will have suggestions as well,  James 

scotth3886

Quote from: Uhegej on April 07, 2021, 10:58:01 PM
What's the best reasonable priced cleaner/protectant for vinyl top. It's for my 1979 Fleetwood. Advice guys?

What color is the top? 

If black, Back to Black works well with a lil too much shine as does Forever Black that's more of a black top restorative product if you have some fading.  Forever black is a mat finish.  I finally cleaned the top thoroughly and used it. Seems to really work well without making it shiny. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0053CS4I0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Uhegej

John Hegedus

1979 Fleetwood Brougham

scotth3886

Quote from: Uhegej on April 08, 2021, 05:35:08 PM
This color!

I have focused all my searching on what works with black so I don't have an answer.