News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Looking for a simple explanation.... build Sheet

Started by Bill Balkie 24172, April 08, 2021, 10:54:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Balkie 24172

Hello ,
    I have the build sheet for my 1970 Cadillac provided by Allied Vaughn  Listing no C for cruise Control . The car does not have cruise control . However I have the build sheet that was behind the back seat of my car  and there is a C listed as one of my option  .  My question is , am I reading this wrong ? The two contradict one another . My reason for this research  is to put together a duplicate of the original window sticker .

Thank You,     
         Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

Matti R

I have C in build sheets of both of my 71 Eldos and both are without cruise.
Best regards,
Matti
CLC #33333
67 DeVille convertible Sudan beige
79 Seville
64 Sedan DeVille
66 Calais Coupe

Bill Balkie 24172

Matti,
    Thank you for sharing that information . With all the research i have done the letter C stands for Cruise Control . There has to be a logical explanation . i was thinking maybe  it was a mistake but your Sheet is the same as mine .Every other letter code makes sense . Things like this stimulates my curiosity .

Bill
Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

Matti R

Hi Bill,

I have wondering that C letter as well.

As you can see, my convertible Eldo had 50th birthday some days ago😄
Coupe had the same one week earlier.
Best regards,
Matti
CLC #33333
67 DeVille convertible Sudan beige
79 Seville
64 Sedan DeVille
66 Calais Coupe

cadlove

Don't forget those smaller build sheets are Fisher Body (Fleetwood) build sheets. They will refer to anything concerning the body, so from the firewall to the end of the deck lid. Fisher built, painted, fitted vinyl tops and made and installed interiors.

They did not however put in the instrument panel or wiring behind it. That was done a Cadillac Clark Street.

It has long been a real pain that Fisher used different codes for options fitted by and ordered through Cadillac.

The build sheet for the entire car is used only at Clark Street, the 1970s versions are square, have the build/completion date in the top left corner and say Cadillac Motor Car Division along the bottom. They are sometimes hidden in the interiors?

Cadillac Fleetwood

Bill,
Note that where your arrow is pointing (which you have labeled "no cruise control") that in small letters, there is a Q for tilt/tele wheel and a C for cruise control. Knowing from previously that your car does not have the tilt/tele wheel, the following conclusion is to be drawn:

If your car had one or both of these options, a LARGE Q and /or a LARGE C would appear in the blank spaces below these smaller letters, similar to the LARGE Y that appears for 6-way seat.  Conclusion:  the letters to which you are pointing do not indicate the presence of these options; only the addition of LARGE letters in the blank spaces below would indicate the presence of the option(s).

-Charles Fares
Forty-Five Years of Continuous Cadillac Ownership
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 DeVille Convertible
1989 Fleetwood

"The splendor of the most special occasion is rivaled only by the pleasure of journeying there in a Cadillac"

Bill Balkie 24172

Hello Charles,
      It is always good the hear from you . You are Correct . If my car had cruise control there would be a large C in the vacant box under cruise control on the Allied Vaughn  build sheet. What has me puzzled is the build sheet I found behind the back seat of my car. That  has a all of my option listed on the second line . Block 3 List E and Y..... Block 5 list L and K .....Block 6 list B ....and Block 7 list C  all of the codes are correct on Both  sheets . My car does not have cruise control . Why is there a C in block 7 ?    I hope I explained this correctly .

Thank you Charles ,
                 Bill

Bill Balkie
1970 Coupe DeVille
2009 CTS

76eldo

Bill,

I would be VERY interested in a replica window sticker for both of my 1970 Cadillacs.

Please let me know how you are going to create these.

Thanks,

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv