News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Car show is ON for Sunday Sunday Sunday!

Started by Cape Cod Fleetwood, April 10, 2021, 01:03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cape Cod Fleetwood

AND we're back ON for the Rebels & Rods first get together of the season on Sunday, 7-10 am. Always 500+ cars. Drastic
change in the wx forecast from 50% rain to 20% showers after 1pm, ergo The Ark will be back in The Lair by the time it
starts to rain. *SO PSYCHED*! First car show in nearly 2 years? Jeez! After a day of interior detail The Ark is off to the
House of Amster,  Hyannis Vintage Auto, in the morning to address some issues. Then I'll be doing exterior detail when
we get home, all day, probably all night. Won't be the first time I was rubbing The Ark under the lights, in The Lair, in the
wee hours, taking a shower, changing clothes, hair/make up, and GO for a 0500 departure. I should get to bed now, it's
going to be a couple of days before I sleep again. *YAY* CAR SHOW!!  LET'S GO!!!

https://www.facebook.com/events/438685384024513
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

Carfreak

Laurie

Hurray for you & The Ark being able to get out and have fun again.

Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Cape Cod Fleetwood

"Be there at 6am, everyone gets there at 6am". I can follow an order being ex-military et al. So I was there at 6am, and the only one there besides Michael L. Gilligan.  Fun slower ride with The Ark in the dark, ridiculous fog on route 6 towards and at the bridge. And trust me those old school incandescent headlights do a far better job in the fog than the HIDs.

It really wasn't until 7am folks started to arrive for the Rebels & Rods first get together of the season! Rebels & Rods of Plymouth,Ma, it was getting really busy by 8am. And it was FREEZING cold, windy and really cloudy/damp, I was not dressed appropriately, something that started with thermal underwear would have been a wiser choice. Yes I checked the weather before departure, what I forgot was this event takes place, on the ocean. Upon arrival, like any female who's been drinking coffee for 3 hours, I have to pee. And there is NO WHERE to go, nothing is open, no port-o-potties, nothing. Its after 0730 and the need-to-pee has been replaced with physical pain. There were people at the Lobster Shack, they wouldn't open the door after several polite knocks. Same with the muffin shop, blond b1tch mixing batter just looked at me and ignored me. Next door at the Tavern On The Wharf I noticed the cleaning crew starting to work. Knocked on the window getting Yimmy's attention and put a $5 bill on the glass. Yimmy comes to the door "close". "I know, I'll give you five bucks if you let me use the bathroom." "Down hall, around corner, on left" holding out his hand for the fin. Best fin I've spent in my lifetime. And more proof you can have anything you want in life if you got the money honey.

Really nice group of cars showed up, well over a hundred. Heavy on the American muscle, stock and modified. Other than an older Beemer I don't think I saw anything foreign. The highlight of my day was being reunited with old friend Hal Marshman, we shot IPSC together back in "the day", I haven't seen him for decades. He's the proud owner and driver of the 8 second "Hemi Hunter" which he drove there. Hal introduced me to lots of folks, everyone was very nice. Lots of love for The Ark, many positive comments on the story board. Nice!

By 0830 I was frozen solid, this wasn't fun anymore, and The Ark's Reid's Automotive engine was warming up and heating up the cabin, thank God this car has incredible interior heat. Rolling home before 0900 and with the daylight and lifted fog, that 10K engine got a little more exercise coming home on routes 3 and 6. "DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT" - M. Amster.  Its too bad about the weather, I passed a lot of cool cars making my way back to 3 that were obviously headed for this event, including a Charger than looked similar to my 72 Charger. Oh well.

The Ark was back in The Lair toweled off with his jammies on and plugged in by 10am. I was back in my jammies and wrapped in an electric blanket set to "well done" in a house who's Buderus heating system has never been set that high moments later. It took ALL DAY to thaw this old body and I still feel too cool internally. If I get/feel sick in the next few days, this did it. Took some extra vitamin C, Zinc and D3. YES you can still get an old fashioned cold, or the flu, without it being THE FLU and becoming a State statistic.

It was still fun and a large car event executed during this phony "pandemic". Some people wore face diapers there, other's didn't. No harm no foul. If you're sick, STAY HOME. If you're afraid of THE FLU and large crowds, STAY HOME. The rest of us are going on without you. An outstanding morning of cars and social non-distancing. I'll be back for sure, but be advised, this is a warm/hot weather event at this location and arrive AFTER the local shops have opened so you can pee. Priorities, etc. I had a blast. Pics attached of Hal and I, Hal's car, and the 2 other Caddy's that showed up, the hearse is for sale and the Eldo is well loved daily driver.

3 shows in May and the cruise-ins at Gillette Stadium, Dennis Pizza and A&W start up again. NORMALCY. Get on board, start your engines. Live your lives.

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Highwayman68

It is good to see those who haven't been able to participate in car shows over the past year finally being able to do so again. That had to have been hard to miss out on for that long.
1968 Fleetwood Purchased in 1981

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: Highwayman68 on April 12, 2021, 08:07:40 AM
It is good to see those who haven't been able to participate in car shows over the past year finally being able to do so again. That had to have been hard to miss out on for that long.

INDEED!
Now put yourself in my sneakers, not only no shows, but NO CAR since The Ark was down from April to October with
the engine rebuild. To this day, I don't know how I survived that summer of complete insanity.

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Highwayman68

Quote from: Cape Cod Fleetwood on April 12, 2021, 10:40:44 AM

INDEED!
Now put yourself in my sneakers, not only no shows, but NO CAR since The Ark was down from April to October with
the engine rebuild. To this day, I don't know how I survived that summer of complete insanity.

Oh but I do know, a simple exhaust leak in a head gasket has had mine off of the road since February because it turned into a full engine rebuild and front end refresh. My hope is to have it back on the road before the end of next week. However since I do live in Florida I have had the ability to attend many weekly and annual car shows since May of last year.
1968 Fleetwood Purchased in 1981

cadillacmike68

Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike