News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

I Now Have 3 Scale Models Of My Cars!

Started by Jon S, April 12, 2021, 07:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon S

Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

Jeff Moffo

Wow. Looks great! I wish I can find a 76 DeVille 😞
Jeff M
North Jersey
Best of all, it's a Cadillac....
'76 Coupe DeVille - Claret (Sold)
'73 Series 60 Fleetwood (Sold)
'76 Coupe DeVille-Dunbarton Green

cadillacmike68

Those are nice. Did he make them from scratch??
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Jon S

Quote from: cadillacmike68 on April 13, 2021, 02:42:20 AM
Those are nice. Did he make them from scratch??

Just the Lincoln. The Cadillac is a promotional model painted and licensed plated to match mine and the Corvette was a model, again made to match mine
Jon

1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

J. Skelly

Jon,

Tell us how the non-GM (for the moderators) car was constructed.  I'll bet a lot of people on this forum collect model cars.
Jim Skelly, CLC #15958
1968 Eldorado
1977 Eldorado Biarritz
1971 Eldorado (RIP)

Lexi

Nice models Jon. Yes, I am with Jim, that "non-GM" model construction is intriguing. My favorite is still your '58 promo model though. Clay/Lexi

Jon S

Quote from: J. Skelly on April 13, 2021, 10:31:50 PM
Jon,

Tell us how the non-GM (for the moderators) car was constructed.  I'll bet a lot of people on this forum collect model cars.

All I know is that the body was somehow 3d printed in resin but all the other parts are from an assortment of customized items my son either fabricated or customized. I still don't know how he managed to do the script lettering all over the car but a lot of it remains a secret. He is very talented
Jon

1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

Lexi

Rich S

Jon, your son is very skilled! The models are all excellent and the custom "one-off" example from "the other luxury brand" is superb! I have a large collection of Cadillac scale model cars, but all of yours are rarities with that "custom-built" characteristic and very high quality workmanship. Thanks for sharing those photos!
Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

1971 Eldo Conv., 2013 CTS Cpe

Jon S

I was requested by the administrators to remove my non-(Cadillac) pictures
Jon

1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT