News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1949 Cadillac Series 62 - Paint formula or paint chip

Started by Joe Jensen, April 27, 2021, 12:00:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Jensen

Can anyone help me with a paint formula or code I can use to get Triumph Blue? My car was originally a different color so I can't use anything on the car and it was a home paint job.  I am not confident the color is actually a factory Truimph Blue.

I am getting the dash painted and I want it to match the exterior color I intend to paint it with ( at a latsr date).

If anyone can help identify Nimbus Gray Lacquer R&M 021139, I would greatly appreciate that as well.  I am trying to get the center strip of the dash that color.

Thank you,
Joe Jensen

Jay Friedman

Triumph Blue paint code is R & M  P.S. 2296.  Equivalent Dupont code is 711.

You might want to contact Joe Cutler, 49CaddyManemail addresses not permitted who restored a Triumph Blue '49. 
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

Brad Ipsen CLC #737

TCP Global can mix up both colors.  They match to color chips in the books but there was no color chips for interior colors in general and Nimbus gray in particular.  I sent them an original piece of the interior that had Nimbus gray on it and they matched it perfectly.  Triumph Blue was the other color I used.  Actually I have a lot of both colors left and if you don't need enough to paint a whole car I could provide some.  Email direct at brad@ipsengarage.com
Brad Ipsen
1940 Cadillac 60S
1938 Cadillac 9039
1940 Cadillac 6267
1940 LaSalle 5227
1949 Cadillac 6237X
1940 Cadillac 60S Limo

Rossoroo

You might find some useful info on this site. I believe "BASF" now does the R&G codes. I'm having a challenge finding a supplier for "French Gray" It looks like I'll have to take one of my wheel skirts in for them to scan it.

https://paintref.com/paintref/model/blue_Cadillac.shtml

https://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?model=Cadillac&con=o&page=5&rows=50
49-6269 My First Caddy

Joe Jensen

Thank you all for your help.  I ended up buying the paint I needed from TCP Global.

I tried every paint code I could find or were given and my local automotive paint supplier couldn't find a matching color.  TCP Global was a quick call told them what colors I wanted and we closed out the order.

Thank you again for your help.

Joe Jensen