News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1961 Fleetwood Trim 67 correct Interior Colors

Started by suki5414, April 28, 2021, 06:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suki5414

Hello All,

I'm new to the forum and bought a 61 Fleetwood last fall and have a lot of the mechanicals fixed to get it to be a daily driver and now I'm looking at interior restoration.

just talked to SMS about fabric samples that they sent me and they say Trim 67 is all green.

but i swear my car has green with some turqoise leather/vinyl sections as well on seats and door panels. i can post pics later.

is it correct that he whole thing is green fabric/vinyl/leather inside? has some of the green vinyl/leather faded to a turquoise tone somehow?

also my trunk seems to have factory green carpet inside but SMS says that it would have been gray trunkliner and that the green carpet is not factory.

any help or confirmation would be appreciated.
1977 Eldorado (my first car at age 15-sold)
1982 Eldorado (sold)
1968 Sedan DeVille (sold)
1989 Sedan DeVille (sold)
1961 Fleetwood
1964 Series 62

jagbuxx #12944

Code 67 shows to have been green Cambridge cloth with green leather. See photo from the color and upholstery book. Also, the trunk carpet would have been grey cloth kind of speckled with light grey and red cloth threads.
My trunk has a Jenkins replacement fabric that was done 21 years ago. Kind of has a blue/grey shade. Not correct but it was the closest to original at the time.
Frank Burns #12944
76 Coupe d'Elegance EFI Galloway Green Firemist
70 deVille Convert San Mateo Red
61 Coupe Deville Bristol Blue
41 Series 61 Deluxe Coupe 6127D Black
08 STS 3.6 1SC  Thunder Gray
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
16 Grand Cherokee Summit, Granite
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

"Whatever the occasion, there
is no better way to arrive than in a Cadillac.

Clewisiii

Pic i got from Timo in Germany from his 61 Fleetwood.
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

fishnjim

best way to check is go to the MPL, interior section, and look at the part numbers and see if there's a different one for the trim.
Unfortunately, in this climate, you're probably going to have to take what you can get that's the closest.   I'm going partly through this with the '58 and it's painful.   
If you think there's another accent color, then best thing to do is take some seam apart and look where the sun don't shine, to see if it's original or faded.   I had to do that, plus wash and dry a section on the P to verify the correct cloth/sample for SMS.   But you have to be pretty sure it wasn't changed once already.

suki5414

see how that armrest in the Timo from Germany pic is kind of 2 tone...

thats why i think either there is significant fading on the vinyl or leather or there is another color at play than green
1977 Eldorado (my first car at age 15-sold)
1982 Eldorado (sold)
1968 Sedan DeVille (sold)
1989 Sedan DeVille (sold)
1961 Fleetwood
1964 Series 62

Clewisiii

That is difference in the color fade between the leather and vinyl. Only the upper part of armrest is leather
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering