News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1987 flt Brougham power trunk pull down

Started by rstanton, April 28, 2021, 06:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rstanton

I have a 1987 rear drive Fleetwood Brougham with power trunk pull down. The plastic switch on the pull down broke, so that the trunk would cycle up and down, if the trunk was down. the original switch part number is 20160593. I glued the part, and it worked a few times, and the switch broke again. I ordered a replacement switch which is part # 16603372 which is supposedly interchangeable, and is a replacement. I put the replacement switch in, and it pulled the trunk down once, and that was the end of it. I tried to put the old broken switch back in to see if the pull down would raise a little.  The pull down is at its lowest point, so now if I manually pull the trunk lid down, it will not catch. I have a bungee cord holding the trunk lid down. I took the metal cover off of the motor to see if I could manually move the hook up, so the lid would catch, but it did not appear to turn. I put the motor cover back on, but to no avail, the pull down is down. I was wondering is there any difference in the switches? I did not think I would have to adjust the trunk lid for closing, I thought the switch would know when the lid was down. Any ideas on what went wrong? Does it now look like I have to buy a whole new pull down unit?