News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Wish to identify the year and model of these hubcaps

Started by lobster, April 29, 2021, 06:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lobster

Hello all, I am trying to figure out what year and model Cadillac these hubcaps go to. I was wondering if anyone reading this could let me know? I am trying to help my grandmother remember which Cadillac that our grandfather owned and was part of that car. Thanks in advance!

MaR

TC

The second and 4th are 1970 caps. The 1st and 3rd look like 1966 or 67 caps. Fairly certain 66 cause I think the 67 caps were a similar to 66 but has small slits or vents. Others here may clarify.

cadillacmike68

Quote from: TC on April 29, 2021, 07:33:28 PM
The second and 4th are 1970 caps. The 1st and 3rd look like 1966 or 67 caps. Fairly certain 66 cause I think the 67 caps were a similar to 66 but has small slits or vents. Others here may clarify.

This is also my understanding. 66 and 67 were the same style but one had the slits in the deepest part of the dished section.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

#1 & #3 is 66/67.   I recently learned that the slotted version was a replacement to cure a harmonic vibration (whine) that occurred with the unslotted type, most pronounced on sedans acc to factory printed materials.  Why sedans I have no idea.

#2 & #4 1970.

Image courtesy of David Smith.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

cadillacmike68

Quote from: Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621 on April 30, 2021, 09:04:26 AM
#1 & #3 is 66/67.   I recently learned that the slotted version was a replacement to cure a harmonic vibration (whine) that occurred with the unslotted type, most pronounced on sedans acc to factory printed materials.  Why sedans I have no idea.

#2 & #4 are 69/70.

Image courtesy of David Smith.

1969 used the same wheel covers as 1968. That 1970 is a one year only cover.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

cadillacmike68

I always liked the 1966-67 wheel covers but I don't know if they will fit over a 1968 or later with disc brakes. That's a pretty deep dish there.
Regards,
"Cadillac" Mike