News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1990 Brougham with ABS?

Started by Koa, May 14, 2021, 07:28:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koa

Hi all,
has anyone seen a Brougham 1985 - 1992 equiped with ABS? Was it on option for this model?
77 Coupe DeVille 425 ci - federal, red+ white interior
78 Fleetwood Brougham 425 ci - California, white + red int.
98 DeVille with the famous Northstar engine
32 Tatra 57  -  do You know that?

TJ Hopland

I have no proof but seems like I had seen 90-92 with it.    Earlier I would think would be super rare if it was even an option.   93+ would have for sure been at least an option since it was the same platform as the police cars which had to have had it by that time.
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Four wheel ABS became standard on Brougham beginning in 1990. Prior to that it was unavailable on that model.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Koa

Quote from: Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621 on May 15, 2021, 07:53:12 AM
Four wheel ABS became standard on Brougham beginning in 1990. Prior to that it was unavailable on that model.

Hi Eric,
was it just option or really standard on every car from 1990.
77 Coupe DeVille 425 ci - federal, red+ white interior
78 Fleetwood Brougham 425 ci - California, white + red int.
98 DeVille with the famous Northstar engine
32 Tatra 57  -  do You know that?

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: Koa on May 16, 2021, 06:19:49 AM
Hi Eric,
was it just option or really standard on every car from 1990.

I know for a fact ABS became standard on Brougham in 1990. I can't say whether it was standard on all other cars or Cadillac models that year. For some reason I think it may have been 1991 - at least for Cadillac.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

TJ Hopland

90 Deville it was still an option.  In the Deville it was the TEVES system which is quite different than the Bosch or Kelsey Hayes that seemed to have become the standards.   Those systems basically went inline between a typical master and the wheels.   The TEVES was an electrically driven integral system. 
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

V63

As trivia 'Track master' was offered in 1971? For rear wheels only. I have had 1973-74 Broughams with it.

The Tassie Devil(le)

I can attest to the effectiveness of the TrackMaster system, as having driven both the "old" and "new" systems up till 2000, the vehicle controllability is beautiful and saved me twice in my '72.

The first time it came into play, (I didn't even know that my car had it [a 1972 Eldorado Coupe]) back in the early '80's I was taken by surprise as to what was going on, but kept the foot on the heavily-pulsating brake pedal as I wasn't losing control.

This feature was a requirement in searching and eventually purchasing my '72 Eldorado Convertible in 2007.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon