News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Jeff Maltby 1952-2021

Started by Carfreak, May 14, 2021, 08:08:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carfreak

RIP Jeffo!!

I'd post a link or pic but the Forum settings won't allow. 😫
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Carfreak

Interesting I can add a pic to a reply but not a new post?

harry s

Sad to hear. He was a real enthusiast and connoisseur of the '49s.    Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

1966 Fleetwood Brougham-with a new caretaker http://bit.ly/1GCn8I4
1966 Eldorado-with a new caretaker  http://bit.ly/1OrxLoY
2018 GMC Yukon

Jay Friedman

Good bye Jeffo and may you rest in peace.  You loved '49s like many of us.
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

Caddy Wizard

Jeff was a good "49er" and very generous with others.  He will be missed...
Art Gardner

1955 S60 Fleetwood sedan (now under resto -- has been in paint shop since June 2022!)
1955 S62 Coupe (future show car? 2/3 done)
1958 Eldo Seville (2/3 done)

Carfreak

And he had a cool history - mentioned he went with his father in I think 1952 to pick up their new Cadillac from Clark Street. 

Speaking of his dad, he worked for some segment of the federal government that had him traveling to smaller towns around the US, particularly the western half, photographing the 'downtown' areas. 

Plus his dad was acquainted with Gutzon Borglum while working on Mt Rushmore.  Through the years Jeff shared some of his father's photos which were a very interesting step back in time. 

veesixteen

So long, my friend. RIP.
We will meet again one day in the "Big Cadillac Club", yonder.
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"

Chris Cummings

So sorry to hear the news.  His Cadillac interests were wide-ranging, and he had a knack for uncovering interesting survivors

Rest i peace, Jeff.

Chris

Thomas Bredahl

It seems I somehow missed the fact that Jeff left us  :'(

I tried sending him an email this past summer and got no reply, but at least now I know why.

Jeffo was a true enthusiast and he helped me into the wonderful world of owning a 49 Cadillac. As a "newbie" on this forum, he stepped up and helped me with leads and tips, that eventually lead to purchasing my 6207, that I still own to this day.
I even travelled over the pond a couple of times and visited him at his house on one occasion. Another meeting took place when he rode his beloved Gold Wing down to meet me in LA.
He had a great sense of humor, an almost danish kind of irony that most people don't understand, but somehow just flowed effortlessly between our back and forth bantering, in the friendliest of ways.

He will indeed be sorely missed and I am really sad that I didn't get to say goodbye.

Jeffo, god speed my friend. RIP

Thomas
Copenhagen - Denmark

MB49Caddy

Here is one for you guys...I sold my 49 a few years back...so I was doing my Spring garage cleaning and came across some 49 parts (separate post for you guys on who wants them) and on the one box that I had it has his name he hand wrote for his return address.

I haven't been on here in a while, so I go to find him on here to return the parts to him, and that is how I found out he is no longer with us. Same thing happened to me with another friend about a year ago when I went to find him to talk to him about his Buffalo Bills. (sigh).

All I can say is RIP my friend. You were a kind and generous man and will be sorely missed by us down here, but I pray you are in a better place and are driving down the streets of gold in a pristine '49.
"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right." - Abraham Lincoln