News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

tranny mount, new shaft in, and my rear end

Started by Cape Cod Fleetwood, May 17, 2021, 02:15:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cape Cod Fleetwood

That title should get some clicks, LOL!

And me (for no real reason) scraping out 51 years of road crap and grease from that tranny mount cross member,
eeew! Michael makes this look so easy. No signs of any metal shavings in the old fluid. Penzoil 90w full syn for limited slip was the replacement fluid. Check your build sheets if you don't already know if your car has the "controlled differential" ergo this is the fluid to use.

What a difference in the car, I didn't know the shaft, mount, etc would make such an impact.

Again I have no control if the pics post sideways, upside down....

There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

2manycars

I LOL'd at that title, and knew it had to be you!!  >:D

My trans leaked like a sieve, and the leaking fluid destroyed the transmission mount. It looked worse than yours. Driveshaft support bearing was shot, and so was the rear bushing in the transmission. It's all brand new now. Can't wait until it's done and I can drive it!
1964 Coupe de Ville
My Current Projects:
1957 Ford Thunderbird
1967 Chevrolet Camaro RS Convertible
My Special One:
2001 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (bought it new)

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: 2manycars on May 24, 2021, 08:21:30 PM
I LOL'd at that title, and knew it had to be you!!  >:D

My trans leaked like a sieve, and the leaking fluid destroyed the transmission mount. It looked worse than yours. Driveshaft support bearing was shot, and so was the rear bushing in the transmission. It's all brand new now. Can't wait until it's done and I can drive it!

LOL!
Glad your car is being mended and will soon be rolling again!
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all