News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

GREAT car show today!

Started by Cape Cod Fleetwood, May 17, 2021, 02:44:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cape Cod Fleetwood

How much FUN was the Cars, Coffee & Conversation event at Boch Exotics today? Not only was it FUN, it was *NORMAL*. Remember normal? Not the 'new' normal, NORMAL NORMAL. MOBBED with people, MOBBED with cars, most of which belonged there. And the vast majority of humans were easy to identify since they WEREN'T WEARING FACE DIAPERS. Some "Flu" believers were, I was dared to put a face diaper on The Ark's snorkel, so I did. That brought a LOT of laughs from a very attentive public.

The guy parked beside with the new MB sedan was getting pi$$ed. I know nothing of MB, but allegedly his car is a big deal. It looks like a Honda to me, what do I know. And its a sedan, which length wise barely made it to my front door. As the public filed by no one stopped to gawk at his car, almost EVERYONE was stopping at The Ark. The same stories "my dad, my grandfather, my uncle had one..." you can see the people 'go back', its cool. Most smile, I just hope the memories they have are positive. One of the public said to the guy with the Benz (we were side by side talking) "is this YOUR Caddy?" "NO, ITS HERS, THAT'S MINE" pointing to the neglected Benz... You had to be there...

Great to be reunited with my old friend Greg Gilman after 15+ years, and to see lawyer Keith Langer again.

Great to see Ernie Boch again too. "Hey Ernie, when you talk to Paul Geary tell him I said hi and that you love my car." I'll be talking to Paul tonight, he's on a boat off of Cabo with the Steve Miller Band. "A show cruise?" No, just hanging out. Nice work if you can get it, eh? I worked for Paul Geary for years, he was the drummer and business brains behind Extreme while I did guitars. Paul is a manager now, Steel Panther is one of his bands, that Ernie financed in the beginning. And everything turns to gold. "Just like Tiger Woods..." (If you don't get that, you're old/not into metal.) I thanked him for hosting this event, I know its expensive and a logistical nightmare. He's going to do a couple more this year, attend if you can, highly recommended. Especially if its here at Boch Exotics. Ferrari's were lined up like shopping carts at Shaw's. One (1) McClaren 720S that I would have done horrible things for. The Countach behind it wasn't too shabby either.

Drive off was FUN. Ernie had Norwood's finest stopping the traffic on Route 1 so batches of us could leave. I'm on deck, some of the staff came over to the car to gawk, they were working all day, this was their chance to actually 'see' the cars. I thanked them all for their time, and was told I was first person to thank them. Guy behind me in a common looking Blazer - lights his car up in blue lights. With Norwood PD right there. I'm like "MF'r better have a badge". 2 cops on foot were on that car like it was stolen. Not sure how it resolved, but those 2 cops were chewing him out as I peered into the side view. Finally we're up and out, so many people standing along Route 1 clapping, cheering, taking pictures and video, it was really nice. Then I see about 200 yards up Norwood's finest, with a high profile unit, and a radar gun, for all the show offs who refused to heed the advice of no burn outs or other assorted stupidity leaving. Just LMAO!

AND I checked my flight plan 3 times, NO RAIN either way. Which explains nicely the 2 (two) thunderstorms I hit coming home on 3 south. Stopped for fuel at Exit 5 (why was V-Power .40 cents more on the mainland than here?) Now The Ark got wet, as soon as the rain stopped I engaged the Spin Dry cycle ie gave that Reid's Automotive engine a thrashing. When I got home and took a good look, I'll think I can get by with a window cleaning, full body wipe down with Instant Detailer and light polish of the front chrome instead of another bath and full detail. Phew... We do this all over again next Saturday at the Kingston Car Show, veteran's benefit. Unless the Ark is back in the shop for that tranny pan drip, mntx first. I'd hate to miss that show, but the health of the car comes first.

OK, the room is starting to spin and its not the alcohol, my "AWAKE" light is flashing and I was up at 0400 yesterday for this event. And NONE of this would have been possible without Michael Amster Hyannis Vintage Auto who keeps this car at 100%, broke his a$$ on the car yesterday and puts up with me. Thank you Michael.

Get out there people, get your cars out there. Its safe, I promise.  ;)
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

59-in-pieces

U GO "GIRL"
OK, "GIRL" is code 4 = Energizer Cadillac Bunny.

Have fun, Sister from another mother.
Steve B.
BUTCHMAN
S. Butcher

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: 59-in-pieces on May 17, 2021, 11:33:49 AM
U GO "GIRL"
OK, "GIRL" is code 4 = Energizer Cadillac Bunny.

Have fun, Sister from another mother.
Steve B.
BUTCHMAN

Love you my brotha from anotha motha...
Still on FB?
Show this Saturday, next Saturday and next Sunday.
LET'S GO!

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

59-in-pieces

Sis,

NO - I HAVE SINNED.
AND NOW - I HAVE BEEN SHUNNED

OH wait.
I didn't die.
I guess success is the greatest revenge.

Have fun,
Butchman
S. Butcher

Cape Cod Fleetwood

And its gets MORE funner! Boch Exotics sent an email with a link to the pics their photographers took at the event.
3 of The Ark!
Not one of the MB parked to my left, I'm dying.
Here's a link to all the show pics, drooling is permitted.
https://autoevents.smugmug.com/Ferrari/CarsCoffee2021/?fbclid=IwAR07yH3atFi-9Jj8hSo1Yrayb8GBwC2r1adQnQY_jydcjcxRXdYIrGY1Aq8

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

I love shows like that.... All the wiz-bang hi dollar cars sitting next to my car with its paint and interior-- And people stop to look at my car. I love it.
Jeff
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

76eldo

These guys with brand new cars that go to car shows are looking for some type of validation that they have something special. I guess a Cruise Night or a Cars and Coffee is a casual event and maybe us old car people can make room for them and maybe even learn about some of the new stuff.

There's a long running car show near me that has a mix of old cars, street rods, muscle cars, and the new breed muscle cars that are new and only going back a few years.
If that's the growing segment of the hobby at least they are holding back the tide of all electric soybean clad cars.

I do love it though when they get huffy when their $150,000 Benz gets 1/10 the looks of a 70 Fleetwood though.

Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: 76eldo on June 19, 2021, 11:40:42 AM
These guys with brand new cars that go to car shows are looking for some type of validation that they have something special. I guess a Cruise Night or a Cars and Coffee is a casual event and maybe us old car people can make room for them and maybe even learn about some of the new stuff.

There's a long running car show near me that has a mix of old cars, street rods, muscle cars, and the new breed muscle cars that are new and only going back a few years.
If that's the growing segment of the hobby at least they are holding back the tide of all electric soybean clad cars.

I do love it though when they get huffy when their $150,000 Benz gets 1/10 the looks of a 70 Fleetwood though.

Brian you're right, the people with the super cars go there to hang a lip, and that's OK with me. Lord knows I love
gawking at a McLaren, etc. What annoys me are people who bring their daily drivers like their car is a big deal.
The really neat thing about the cruise ins, Cars and Coffee events, is the people who go as spectators, they are car
people, they're there to see the cars, this is for them. Gillette Stadium this past Thursday night? A casual bi-monthly
cruise in - 3,100. Three thousand, one hundred, cars. They filled 3 lots at the stadium. My friend at the club said 80% of the cars 'belonged' there. Staggering. Shows what some people did last summer/fall/winter when they were supposed to be hiding, they were out buying cars, they needed something to do. What a shot in the arm (pardon the pun) for the car hobby across the board.

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Quote from: Jeff Rose CLC #28373 on June 18, 2021, 10:51:18 PM
I love shows like that.... All the wiz-bang hi dollar cars sitting next to my car with its paint and interior-- And people stop to look at my car. I love it.
Jeff

Isn't that the truth? The public decides...

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville