News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Pre 1941 Ventilating Defrosting Heater

Started by J. Russo, May 23, 2021, 09:19:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J. Russo

I purchased this heater mainly because it was paired with the switch I needed. I had the heater core repaired, but the fan needs to be replaced. I plan to resale once I know it works.

Does anyone know where I can find a modern 6 volt fan for this heater?

I attached some photos. The photo of the installed heater was provided by another member from a previous post. It matches the heater I have.

Thank you
Thanks,
John Russo
CLC Member #32828

fishnjim

W/o a number or size about the only thing to do is take it someplace that repairs DC electric motors.   There's a few repairers online but have not used any.   It's a crap shoot if you find one used whether it'll work.   I went through this with antennas motors.   

Tom Boehm

http://www.secondchancegarage.com/public/703.cfm

Here is a link to some detailed information about the correct motor for that heater. The motor has the ability to run in both directions. Not all motors can do that. I bought the correct heater for my 1940 Lasalle but the motor in it was a later 6V replacement that did not reverse. I got lucky and a person on this forum sold me the correct motor.

Tom Boehm

I got my heater working properly with the right switch but I have not installed it yet. I have the same question you do about hose routing.