News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Old washer bottle.

Started by Poncholover, May 17, 2021, 10:03:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poncholover

Would this washer bottle be consistent with a '40s  Caddy? It is on Ebay .
Try this link:
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/HqAAAOSwd0Jer2su/s-l500.jpg
Flattie Caddy

Rossoroo

It's hard to get a good look at the very small thumbnail you're providing.
49-6269 My First Caddy

Poncholover

Flattie Caddy

Jeff Hansen

Here is a link to the eBay auction this photo comes from:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/234010123159

From looking at the other photos in the auction, this is a round jar.  Cadillac washer jars at least through 1947 were square and not round.  I believe this to be true for 1948 and 1949, as well.  Perhaps Jay F or Art C can confirm?

HTH,
Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

Jeff Hansen

Here is a photo of what I think is a correct jar from another eBay auction that ended earlier this week. 

Jeff
Jeff Hansen
1941 6019S Sixty Special
1942 7533 Imperial Sedan

Cadman-iac

Poncholover,
Are you looking for a good glass jar for your car, or do you need the whole assembly?  I have several extra glass jars, all of which are the more square shaped ones, and I would be willing to sell one if you are interested. Please PM me if so and we can discuss it further.

Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

Jay Friedman

The 48 and 49 jar is square.  I'm not sure which year during the '50s the bottles were changed to round. 
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

Cadman-iac

Poncholover,
I just double checked my washer jars and I was mistaken. Mine are all round glass jars, but the brackets are square. I apologize for the mistake.

Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"