News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

68 Cadillac passenger door panel removal

Started by mjd23, May 18, 2021, 12:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjd23

Hi. I'm new to the club/ forum.  I recently purchased a 68 eldorado daily driver that needs some work.  I'm trying to remove the passenger door panel.  I thought I had all screws out and clips removed but it still seems to be attached behind the courtesy light.  Is there a way to remove the lens to expose a screw or screws?  Is there something else I'm missing?  It's a one piece panel.  Thank you for your help.

67 Cadillac

Hi Mathew,

I have a 67 Eldorado and took the entire interior out. I remember the screw you are talking about. I remember very gently prying the plastic lens from one end and it came out. You will probably have to take the bulb out to get at the screw. It's was surprisingly difficult to take the door panels off. I hope the 68 is a little easier. Good luck.

J

mjd23

Thank you Jeff.  I'll give it a try. 

mjd23

Thanks Jeff.  That was the key.  The lens popped out revealing the screws.  Lens is thicker than I would have guessed.  Anyways, thank you for the help.

Matt

mjd23

Posting a pic of the backside of the panel in case someone may need see it to remove their passenger panel.