News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

J. J. PERSHING Cadillac 1918

Started by V63, May 23, 2021, 05:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V63

Where is it now?

V63

Well,  I tried to square it up🤦🏻‍♂️

V63

Redo

Ohjai

I just contacted the "Gen. John J. Pershing Boyhood Home State Historic Site" in Laclede, MO.  I was informed the man that may know about this car is not in abut will be tomorrow.  I left my name and phone number for him to contact me when he comes in tomorrow.  I will let you know what I find out then.
Jim
'38 Cadillac Series 60 S
'41 Cadillac Series 60 S
2017 Cadillac CT6
'62 Buick Skyhawk Conv
'49 Bentley MK-VI  Sold
'53 Bentley R-Type  Sold
'66 Ford Thunderbird
'64 Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud III
'75 Rolls-Royce Silver Shad Sold
'78 Rolls-Royce Silver Shad II
'80 Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith II  Sold
'81 Rolls-Royce Camargue  Sold
'88 Rolls-Royce Corniche II
'89 Rolls-Royce Silver Spur
2020 Ford Escape

Vince Taliano #13852

Not the same car, but of that era -- 1918 Cadillac Type 57 that served in World War I.  See more pictures at http://www.clcpotomacregion.org/2018carsatthecapitalandcoffee.htm.

Vince Taliano
CLC Potomac Region
www.clcpotomacregion.org (view over 3,000 pictures!)

Ohjai

I just got off the phone with the curator of the  "Gen. John J. Pershing Boyhood Home State Historic Site" [/size] He is not aware of the Cadillac, but he did mention that Hupmobile gave him several automobiles for his endorsement of their car.

If you visit Laclede MO, be sure and stop in Marcelene, MO and visit the boyhood home town of Walt Disney and the museum there.  The street of Marcelene is what Walt used as a model on Mainstreet at Disneyland.

These two towns are between Hannibal and St. Joseph Missouri.  Home of Tom Sawyer (Samuel Clemens/Mark Twain) and the beginning of the Pony Express.

Jim
'38 Cadillac Series 60 S
'41 Cadillac Series 60 S
2017 Cadillac CT6
'62 Buick Skyhawk Conv
'49 Bentley MK-VI  Sold
'53 Bentley R-Type  Sold
'66 Ford Thunderbird
'64 Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud III
'75 Rolls-Royce Silver Shad Sold
'78 Rolls-Royce Silver Shad II
'80 Rolls-Royce Silver Wraith II  Sold
'81 Rolls-Royce Camargue  Sold
'88 Rolls-Royce Corniche II
'89 Rolls-Royce Silver Spur
2020 Ford Escape

V63

Thank you for your efforts! Much appreciated!

I knew a female cartoonist for Snow White. Commenting on your RR Marques I had a 1987 spur of Hilton origin. It was "nutmeg". I purchased It at 10k miles.

James Landi

I was able to magnify this wonderful curated piece of  American and Cadillac history.  If you're able to read Pershing's response, it's truly ambiguous... here I paraphrase... Pershing states he'll notify the president of Cadillac that he'll notify him as "...to the disposition of the car."  viz: nothing in his  text that indicates he's going to accept it as a gift as intended for his personal use.  The extraordinary text from Cadillac indicates that 6,000 employees had a hand in building this special car.  6,000!!! really?

Thanks so much.  Hoping that others will expand on the details of your amazing post.  Gratefully, James 

V63

Softened with:

Profousdly (sic) touched by delicate sentiment
(JJ Pershing)

fishnjim

I guess that's "Black Jack's Cadillac"...