News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Engine ID? It appears to be earlier. 1940 Lasalle.

Started by Poncholover, May 25, 2021, 10:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poncholover

The Engine number is 229683 and near as I can tell, this could be a 1938 Series?
Thanks in advance!
Flattie Caddy

Mike Baillargeon #15848

I'm no expert but.....my guess is 1939 LaSalle...

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

39LaSalleDriver

Quote from: Mike Baillargeon  #15848 on May 26, 2021, 07:45:14 AM
I'm no expert but.....my guess is 1939 LaSalle...

Mike

According to the records, you are correct.
Jon Isaacson

1939 LaSalle 5019

Poncholover

Thanks Kindly Guys.
The Body number is 1484, is this a pretty early car? Perhaps the Original Engine...
For the sake of brevity, let's just say the engine does not match the title so more research is pending.
Unfortunate, the car is an hour away at this point.
Flattie Caddy

harvey b

i think that number should match the frame number,or at least have some of the same sequence of numbers? On my 37 it has the original motor,and the motor number lines up with the frame stamping,its on top of the frame rail handy the steering box. Harveyb
Harvey Bowness

Poncholover

Engine does not match the title so was replaced at one point. On the bright side, it appears to have some pretty decent paint on it.
On the "bummer" side, the crank will not rotate a full 360 some exploration will be in order.
This will be at least a month from now...
Flattie Caddy