News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Distributor rebuilds

Started by bobrich47, May 27, 2021, 11:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobrich47

Anybody have experiences, good & bad, with any distributor re-builders? I need to find one for my '47. Thanks, Bob.
Bob Richards

Lexi

Not sure where you are located, but I used a guy up here in Canada who was great. Honest as the day is long and very dependable. Last I heard (in late 2020) he was still rebuilding them though he is getting on in years and works out of his home. Probably best to look for someone more local, but if you wish I can dig out his info if you wish. Clay/Lexi

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Bob I used these guys a couple of times and the distributors came back looking and acting like brand new....no complaints...

Burton L Norton Co....

https://burtonlnorton.com/services.html

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

bobrich47

Thank you both for the leads. You mind letting me know how much it cost.  Mike   i looked at Burton's site & understandably they want you to ship it to them 1st. Thank you,Bob.
Bob Richards

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Bob, it's been 5-6 years ago now....I think it was $450 plus a little shipping....

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

wheikkila

Hi Bob
Please try Lee Johnson 4107 East Granada Rd in Phoenix Az. Phone number is 812-598-8965. Lee rebuilds vintage car disturbers at a starting price of $75.00 and Lee does not take credit cards, you have to send him a check.  He did my LaSalle. Fixed the starting and running issue till it started smoking. But that wasn't the disturbers fault.
Thanks Wayne

Lexi

Mine was well under $150 Canadian 2 or 3 years ago, however if the bearing needs replacing that might incur an additional cost. In my case I also supplied the Pertronix as well as a cap and rotor at my cost. Clay/Lexi

bobrich47

Bob Richards