News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1925 Cadillac 2021 Adventure

Started by KurtZimmerle, June 07, 2021, 01:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KurtZimmerle

Hello Cadillac LaSalle lovers,

I had posted this once before and it disappeared.  I was in the last "self Starter" Magazine on my desire to drive my vintage Cadillac home.  Well I bought a 1925 Cadillac Coupe that is in the Champlain area and have made a plan for my drive home on back roads going 95-135 miles a day.  Stoping to sight see along the way. 

June 14  Champlain to Lafayette IN,, 95 miles with several things to see along the way, as I get to know my new Cadillac and have it realize its not going to be a garage car anymore its going to be loved and driven.

June 15 Lafayette IN to Fort Wayne 125 Miles with fun things to see and stop along the way.  See Some of Tom Hoczyk beautiful Cadillac Hearses. 

June 16th Fort Wayne to Gillmore car Museum with posable stops in auburn Indiana or Marshall michigan.  its my longest day of travel 132 miles.

June 17th Plainwell Mi to Pentwater MI with stops at an antique mall and Muskegon to see the WW2 Sub Silver sides, and art museum. With stops along the way for ice cream. 128 miles

June 18th Pentwater Mi to Glen Arbor.  Stoping at little shops and lake views along the way.  Near Arcadia we will stop and find a place that our cars will appear to roll up hill back towards a church, then on to empire for Iceream, then Glen Arbor to the Cherry Republic for Cherry Salsa and Cherry Ginger al and the cherry products. 123 miles.

June 19th Glen Arbor to Petoskey.  I will be stoping off at the 45 parallel sign which is half way between the equator and the North Pole.  Then a quick stop off at Ellsworth the town I teach in and drive in their June Community party Pig Roast, then up to Petoskey by way of the Ironton Farry with carries 4 cars at a time.  Then up to Petoskey for the night.  I have a hotel near me that has covered parking for cars. 109 miles.

June 20 Sunday after church I can take people on drives up the tunnel of trees to mackinaw city. or over to Harbor Springs and show you some other little sight seeing loop.  or stay over and go to mackinaw island for the day or drive your car over the mackinaw Bridge 5 mile suspension bridge.  I will be off work so I can help direct you or lead on some of the different adventures.

If you want to come join a day or two that would be awesome, I have designed and printed shirts if you join my trip adventure.

Kurt.zimmerleemail addresses not permitted

231-632-5968 cell, text friendly

Hope to see you on the road this summer.

I will have an update to the article in the Self Starter Aug so watch for the fun and the people I met along the way.

jagbuxx #12944

Sounds like a great trip back in time with your '25. Anxious to read about it and see pictures of the car.
Frank Burns #12944
76 Coupe d'Elegance EFI Galloway Green Firemist
70 deVille Convert San Mateo Red
61 Coupe Deville Bristol Blue
41 Series 61 Deluxe Coupe 6127D Black
08 STS 3.6 1SC  Thunder Gray
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
16 Grand Cherokee Summit, Granite
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

"Whatever the occasion, there
is no better way to arrive than in a Cadillac.

James Landi

Really ENJOYED your article in the "Self Starter."  Your engagement and "attachment" with these early Cadillacs is enlightening, and a somewhat different "take" from most of us who are stricken by some childhood epiphany when we got our FIRST ride in a Cadillac.  So your choice was more of an acquired taste/choice.     Trust this will all work out for you.  Keep us in the loop with your narratives and pictiures. James