News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Constant clicking sound in '75-'76 AC

Started by timmy88, June 07, 2021, 06:10:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmy88

I recently acquired a '76 Brougham to add to a '76 Coupe and and '75 Talisman. I've spent quite a bit of cash on the AC systems in these cars over the years. I have noticed a clicking sound coming from under the dash on the '76 cars and it is continuous on the Brougham (very annoying). I have had the AC repaired a number of times with the Coupe including replacing most of the under dash electronics and it still makes the clicking sound occasionally. Oddly, no sound in the Talisman. Am I missing something here? I'd like to stop the clicking if possible. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-

Roger Zimmermann

1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

timmy88

cadlove

This is often in the programmer, far right under the dash. JP

James Landi

I owned a 72 Eldorado convertible, and my clicking noise that apparently came from a mechanism in passenger seat that I assume was intended to lock the back of the seat when the car was in gear.  That, I believe, was the "ghost in my machine. "   James

The Tassie Devil(le)

James,

The seat back release only operates to release when the doors are opened, and when closed, the catch returns to hold the seat back.

Nothing to do with the gear or ignition operation.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

D.Smith

Climate control programmer clicks when it gets stuck .

pordy

Had clicking from my climate control too (behind the glove box area; it went away when on "vent").  I got a rebuilt Programmer from Cadillac Tim and it fixed my AC woes.  Search here for contact info. He also has manuals on how to troubleshoot/fix these systems that I recommend.
Pat

cadillactim

Amplifier issue in programmer. The ""clicking" is the vacuum motor moving back and forth trying to find the spot the amplifier keeps changing its mind about.

Tim
Tim Groves