News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1967 Engine VIN Number

Started by 67 Cadillac, June 11, 2021, 03:13:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

67 Cadillac

I just took a look at the number on my engine to see if all of the numbers match on my car. All of the numbers match but the problem is that the last didget on the engine VIN number is barely legible if at all. Has anyone ever seen this before?

Jeff

The Tassie Devil(le)

Are the numbers on the other end of the number pressed in deeply?

If so, then the stamper didn't hold the stamp correctly whilst striking the end.

Don't forget that these numbers are stamped onto a rough casting, unlike other brands that stamp a machined surface.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

67 Cadillac

Hi Bruce,

I can't seem to attach the photo I have of the VIN number so you can see it. What you describe is what seems to have happened. The number is H7280165. You can make out half of the H and 2 and barely any of the 5. The rest of the numbers are obvious. All of the numbers match but the mysterious missing 5 on the engine.  Would you say I can still call my beautiful Eldorado a numbers matching car?

Cheers
Jeff