News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Well, let's see how long THIS POST lasts...

Started by Cape Cod Fleetwood, June 14, 2021, 02:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Since my in depth post of last weekends Larz Anderson Auto Museum (one of the nicest in the country, just outside Boston) opening its lawn events with CADILLAC DAY which is run by the great folks of the New England Region Cadillac Club along with the staff of Larz on a grueling hot day, and Peter Manoogian getting the well deserved BIG TROPHY (YAY!) was nuked because someone was triggered, I'm trying again.

I've noticed the CLC members who get their cars out there, post on the Facebook CLC page instead of here. Really nice shows today were posted by Jason Edge, Nick Manole, and Chuck Bertram's not so great start to a prize winning day. WHY is that? This forum has no interest in car shows? Reports from the field? Tons of show pictures? Odd... I don't believe that.

In my neck of the woods, today was the Heritage Museum and Gardens car show, 2nd only to the Father's Day show in Hyannis, that draws 100K. Show was pushed to today on account of rain yesterday. Loved the robo call from the show folks on FRIDAY afternoon saying divert to Sunday. That's pro.

Hundreds of cars on 2 fields, lots of old Caddies happily parked along side Duece's, Ferrari, hot rods, correctly restored old school everything, and I'm noticing 'derelict rods' becoming more popular at all the shows I've been to so far this year. An acquired taste for sure, but they have a funky, cool chic to them. ANY car rolling is a car saved IMHO.

You know what was FUN today? Seeing all those old cars on 6 East going home and full out to sustain 30mph, if that on a 55mph highway. The Ark blows by at 75+ with a herd of horses left if I wanted them. If you can't drive your show car like a car car? Get it to a good mechanic and let it STAY there until you can. A few Ark pics from today taken by former shipmate (NAVSTAROTA) Bob Gorman who I was thrilled to see, such a good guy. He's posting a video of the drive off later, I'll post a link. I *LOVE* the drive off from here, THESE are the car people who line the VERY skinny 'road' from the show grounds out to Grove Street to cheer the cars, not you. Did I mention this road is skinny? And up and down hills, around sharp turns - with a 20' car. Several times I have to sit up as high as I can to see the road over The Ark's hood. And when a little kid yells "beep beep!", you honk your damn horn. The staff at Heritage Museums & Gardens is second to NONE, always a slick, smooth, well run event, I thanked everyone of them I saw. Saw SO MANY people I haven't see since last/last year, nothing but hugs and kisses. We be normal. Just a blast, what a great time, THIS is what its all about, THIS is what I live for, taking it to the public, talking to the public, hearing their stories about them, their friends/relatives who owned 'that' car, everyone chuckling who reads the show board or my "Please don't touch me" signs. What a great time. Seriously.

Nothing significant on the itinerary until July 24th and 25th, "Cars Under The Stars" and the Howard Lodge event. We'll hit Gillette Stadium, A&W and Patriot's Square between now and then for fun. And there's some mntx standing by to stand by, Michael is replacing the tranny fluid pan/gasket, a new filter as long as we're there, more fresh fluid. Maybe even some body work at Hyannis Vintage since Gary told me to fetch the replacement trunk and left rear door. What a great day, so BLESSED. Hope you all had an equally Blessed Sunday Cadillacing with your Cadillac.
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

Cadillac Fleetwood

I enjoy reading about these kinds of shows and outings so much! It lets us know that, at least in some areas, the car hobby is alive and well, with enthusiasts sharing their cars for all to see and enjoy. There are so many new friendships to be made, and ones of long-standing to be rekindled in these mixed-make events. Not to mention that when Cadillacs are in the company of lesser makes, it really shows off what makes Cadillacs so special.

Thanks so much, Laurie, for taking the time to post about these events and include photos.  It all looks like LOTSA fun and camaraderie!  We will be having shows again here in California, as restrictions are lifted, and normalcy returns.

The Ark is resplendent in turquoise, with a HUGE presence, both literally and figuratively, all 228 inches in length, 79.7  inches in width, and 5,100 pounds. Of course he dwarfs all the other cars not only in size, but in pizzazz!  I admire your enthusiasm and dedication.

I do hope the Ark has the optional trumpet horn.  Added to the three horns which were standard equipment in 1970, there were four notes, F, A, D, and C.  As described in Cadillac literature of the time, the sound was authoritive and compelling!

-Charles Fares

Forty-Five Years of Continuous Cadillac Ownership
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 DeVille Convertible
1989 Fleetwood

"The splendor of the most special occasion is rivaled only by the pleasure of journeying there in a Cadillac"

scotth3886

Quote from: Cadillac Fleetwood on June 14, 2021, 02:41:06 AM
I enjoy reading about these kinds of shows and outings so much! It lets us know that, at least in some areas, the car hobby is alive and well, with enthusiasts sharing their cars for all to see and enjoy. There are so many new friendships to be made, and ones of long-standing to be rekindled in these mixed-make events. Not to mention that when Cadillacs are in the company of lesser makes, it really shows off what makes Cadillacs so special.

Thanks so much, Laurie, for taking the time to post about these events and include photos.  It all looks like LOTSA fun and camaraderie!  We will be having shows again here in California, as restrictions are lifted, and normalcy returns.

The Ark is resplendent in turquoise, with a HUGE presence, both literally and figuratively, all 228 inches in length, 79.7  inches in width, and 5,100 pounds. Of course he dwarfs all the other cars not only in size, but in pizzazz!  I admire your enthusiasm and dedication.

I do hope the Ark has the optional trumpet horn.  Added to the three horns which were standard equipment in 1970, there were four notes, F, A, D, and C.  As described in Cadillac literature of the time, the sound was authoritive and compelling!

-Charles Fares

I just found my missing trumpet on ebay and it should be here tomorrow.  There are active train tracks that pass by one of our cars & coffee events and I want to be able to compete.

Nothing quite like a horny Cadillac, is there? 

I also enjoy these show reports so keep it up Laura !!!!

Highwayman68

Working on them, driving them and showing them off, it's how life should be.
1968 Fleetwood Purchased in 1981

71 Fleetwood

Beautiful! 
Just a quick question about the first picture - so the gentleman carries you around with a shoulder strap?     ;)
1971 Fleetwood Sixty Special Brougham