News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Carl Fielding's 1927 Cadillac is missing

Started by kenfielding, June 14, 2021, 01:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenfielding

I am trying to locate my brother Carl's 1927 Cadillac LaSalle.   Carl and the car are pictured in this newspaper article:
https://www.reviewjournal.com/autos/dealer-news/weather-conditions-cant-stop-cadillac-through-the-years-event/

Carl drove the car to Las Vegas for the 2016 Cadillac Through the Years show.   He then stored it in an acquaintance's garage, but earlier this year Carl was unable to contact the acquaintance, and I do not have a name, phone number or address for the person.

I would appreciate it if anyone who has any knowledge of where the car is would contact me through the forum.   I may be emailed through the forum, as the forum advises users not to post phone numbers or emails in the public posts.

Thank you for any help.
Ken Fielding

Carfreak

Ken

We enjoyed meeting Carl and his car in Vegas. 

Personal message sent.  Repost here if you cannot access it.
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

phildeville@cox.net

I attended that show and remember the car and owner's road trip story.
Have you contacted the Las Vegas Region?  I think that's the place to start.
Perhaps a paragraph for their monthly newsletter?

GL,

Phil
Phil Terry  CLC# 15270

Carfreak

Thought the 27 & Carl made it back home after the Vegas GN.

He was pretty active the past many years and an intetesting read.

http://forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org/index.php?action=profile;u=9661

Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

kenfielding

Carl made it back, but he left the car down there, planning to eventually bring it back up to Seattle.  As of this past March, I think he was not able to contact the person who was storing it. 

V63

I met Carl and talked at length at a GN in Vegas. I'm sorry to hear of these events🥺

Tom Boehm

Can you post the name of the person who had custody of the car? Maybe someone has heard of him or knows him.

kenfielding

The main problem is I don't even have a name.  I think that Carl had been having trouble contacting the individual earlier this year, but unfortunately I don't know anyone who even knows the person's name.

Tom Boehm

I noticed you said just that in your first post. I'm sorry I did not read it carefully.

MJBarnes

Ken: I have sent a personal message also, though I do not know anything about the car's whereabouts. Mike Barnes, Vancouver

chrisntam

Do you know "where" the car was stored?  The address.  Look up on the tax rolls to see who the owner(s) of the property is/was.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

Barry M Wheeler #2189

You might call Ed Cholokian at AllCads in Vegas. Ed hears a lot of things and might be able to help you out. Good luck.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

kenfielding

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Did he pay rent?? Cancelled checks would give you a name. A search warrant might get his personal info from his bank based on his account #. 
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

V63

Hire a Nevada private investigator to see if an abandoned or bonded title was issued in Nevada for any 1927 Cadillacs? That cost should be nominal.

kenfielding

Nice ideas from several of you but Carl did not write checks and I'm pretty sure any monetary transactions would have been cash.  I can't find where Carl kept the title, so I'm going to the DMV to try to get a VIN for the car, and see what has happened with that VIN.

Carl had had contact with the bailee of the car, but in recent months there apparently was some tension between them, and loss of communication.  Unfortunately Carl was not expecting that I would have to find the car in his absence. 

Caddyholic

I got myself a Cadillac but I can't afford the gasoline (AC/DC Down Payment Blues)

1961 Series 62 Convertible Coupe http://bit.ly/1RCYsVZ
1962 Coupe Deville

kenfielding

Carl passed away on 6/12.  That's why I have no other information on where the car is.   

Caddyholic

Sorry to here that. He took me for a ride in that car in Vegas The night before the GN show.
I got myself a Cadillac but I can't afford the gasoline (AC/DC Down Payment Blues)

1961 Series 62 Convertible Coupe http://bit.ly/1RCYsVZ
1962 Coupe Deville

Alex D.

Carl was very active on the AACA forum and will be greatly missed.
1932 370B  V12