News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1966 Cadillac deville coolant crossover manifold

Started by frank1966, June 14, 2021, 09:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank1966

The coolant cross over manifold has like a nipple on the bottom that I inserted into the water pump ... the nipple is corroded and has partially broken off is this replacable or do i need the entire cross over header/pipe

Thanks Frank

dadscad

Years ago I had the nipple on my 63's crossover repaired because it was also corroded to the point of not sealing.  I took the crossover to a good machine shop. They turned down the nipple a little and pressed a brass bushing on it to bring it back to spec. I used 2 orings to make sure it sealed in the water pump.
Enjoy The Ride,
David Thomas CLC #14765
1963 Coupe deVille

Joe G 12138

Ditto on the 2 O Rings. I've done this many times and it really helps avoid leaks and makes installation more "forgiving" .  Joe Gibeault

Frank g

Hi guys

Nice name Frank .I'm starting to get a leak I beleive it's on the top of motor either oring or gasket ... I hope I don't have this nipple.issue ?? Any advice please thankyou

Bryan J Moran

CLC 35000 in number only

dn010

Only way to find out is to start taking things apart.
-----Dan Benedek
'57 Cadillac Sedan Deville 6239DX
'81 DMC DeLorean