News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1979 Cadillac factory CB Radio

Started by diskharv, June 17, 2021, 11:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diskharv

I recently purchased a 79 Fleetwood that has the factory CB radio built into the AM/FM/8 Track all the controls on radio and micophone appear to be working and antennas seem to be correct but when I switch to CB I get no reception Car has 20 differnt options and I have all the others working Any information or sugestions about Factory CB would be great Thanks for your help !

71 Fleetwood

***Breaker 1-9*** Diskharv you're gonna hafta go to a radio shop. ***Over***
1971 Fleetwood Sixty Special Brougham

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Have you tried lowering the squelch control? Could also be an issue with antenna connection to the tranceiver box which is located behind the passenger kick panel. If that doesn't work the radio & transceiver will have to be sent out along with the special cable that connects the units together.

I don't know whether there's anyone left still working on these Delco CB-radio units. If the main radio is working I'd just let it go at that frankly.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

diskharv

Thanks for help I'll check behind kick panel

rgmxk22

My Dad had a 79 Coupe DeVille with the factory CB. Once when we thought it wasn't working, I disconnected the CB antenna lead from the car's factory power antenna and hooked it up to a regular magnetic mount CB antenna (6ft.) and the CB worked perfectly compared to using the GM antenna. And also, with so few people not using CBs, you just might not hear anyone else transmitting or out there to hear you.

Ron Michael
Ohio