News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Torque specs for 1929 Cadillac Lasalle

Started by fredricksoncr, June 21, 2021, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fredricksoncr

Hey all!

I have a 328 engine in a 1929 lasalle. Im redoing the head after a head gasket blow out. i have the appropriate head gasket, i had the head machined. I have the shop manual, operators manual, and owner manual. I cant find for the life of me where the torque specs are for the head. I also cant seem to find reproduction studs to replaced seized studs i have.

Any help?

DaveZ

You didn't find any because there are none. My father, who is 92, told me a long time ago the general rule of thumb back in the day was you made them as tight as you could using the length of the wrench. The larger the bolt / nut the longer the wrench. We have a 32 and have done it that way. You may have to have the studs made. What's important is that you work form the middle out when tightening and that they are all the same. I do remember taking a torque wrench to it after the fact, but do not remember what the reading was. Probably should have written it down. If I find anything will let you know.
Regards,
David Zitzmann
1932 345B

Daryl Chesterman

You might try contacting ARP to replace the broken studs that you need.  They might also be able to supply torque specs for you, based on the stud size and length.  This is their contact information:

https://arp-bolts.com/p/contact.php

Daryl Chesterman

harry s

You can also look up generic torque specs for the size and thread of the stud. I had the same problem some years ago on a 1930 engine and it seems the specs for that engine stud and thread size was 65 - 70 ft lbs.      Harry.
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum