News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1995 Cadillac Seville - Northstar Motor Swap

Started by brion.demski@att.net, June 28, 2021, 09:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brion.demski@att.net

Any suggestions for swapping motors in a 1995 Cadillac Seville STS ?  I have a Northstar that is broke and too expensive to rebuild and was wondering if there is another engine application I could use.  I enjoy the car too much.  Any help ?

Jamurray

'92 and '93 used a 4.9L OHV which I found to be very reliable and quick. It was the same car, so one should fit easily.

harvey b

I had a 96 STS,had a bad motor,was knocking in the bottom end?.I bought a 96 4 door deville as a salvage vehicle,got it pretty cheap too,motor was the same,but wasnt the higher HP the STS was,we used the computer from it,i drove that car for a year and it worked great.My son in law swapped the motors,dropped it all out from under neath,used a 2 post lift to lift the car off the front subframe,took him about 6 hours out the door.Might be an option. Harveyb
Harvey Bowness

TJ Hopland

I would think any other motor would be a lot of extra work because you would have to change the full harnesses and computers maybe even dash stuff.  Not that it can't be done but as mentioned the 4.5 and 4.9 were the only other motors that maybe would even be slightly close to bolt in and those were not the greatest either and are not the easiest to find. 
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

Caddyholic

I always wondered if a bullet proof 3800 Buick would work? I know my Lucerne is based on the DTS.
I got myself a Cadillac but I can't afford the gasoline (AC/DC Down Payment Blues)

1961 Series 62 Convertible Coupe http://bit.ly/1RCYsVZ
1962 Coupe Deville