News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

49 Cadillac carburetor rebuild

Started by Raymond919, July 01, 2021, 05:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymond919

I bought an old carburetor on eBay some time ago and recently sent it to Daytona Carburetor in Florida for a rebuild. What I sent them was missing parts and was quite grundgy. They replaced all missing parts and rebuilt the carburetor, a Carter 2 bbl. When completed they called me to get my credit card number and I told them I had some questions.  I wanted to know what I would have to do when installing it into the car. I spoke with an owner (?), Ron. who spent over 1 hour with me explaining procedures to follow to make it a success. He was extremely patient and told me what to look for and how to avoid problems. The man was fascinating to speak with and told me many pitfalls, in general, with fuel, hoses and clamps, old cars, and carburetors and dos and don'ts in general.

Immediately after our long call, I received an email from UPS with a tracking number. That's surely fast! I've had dealings with other companies, but this has to be the best. I recommend them to anyone. I've dealt with them in the past and their service and patience is outstanding. Give them a call when the need arises.
Ray Schuman

Mike Baillargeon #15848

I'm going to second Ray's dealings with Ron at Daytona Carb....

I ordered a carb rebuild kit online at the Daytona....in the order process you put in what the make and model of the car the carb is on....

Ron at Daytona emailed me and told me that the EE14 didn't come on a 1935 LaSalle.....He then said it's really a Packard carb and that over the years the Packard owners would combine parts from an EE15 carb....

He then combined rebuild parts for both carbs and put together a rebuild kit that will work on my carb regardless of what combination I had....

That technical expertise was a big help in my rebuild....

Daytona is the place to go..

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

Alan Harris CLC#1513

I have used Ron at Daytona Parts twice. Once for my 1940 LaSalle and once for my Mark II Continental. I would not go to anybody else. There is nobody better.