News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Engine Noise 1981 Cadillac V8 6 4

Started by CadillacSDV56, July 03, 2021, 05:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CadillacSDV56

Hello all,

I hope someone can help me with a ticking engine noise.
You can hear it quite well in the video.
Main bearing, connecting rod bearing, lifters, oil pump have been redone.

Exhaust manifold bolts are not loose either.

I do not know any more.

Timo
1956 Cadillac Sedan deVille
1981 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham dĀ“Elegance

James Landi

I tried and failed to open your video; however, I can advise that a collapsed lifter can create a daunting sound. I suggest that you take an oil pressure reading to ensure that all is well with oil circulation and appropriate oil pressure.  The gauges are cheap-- the hard task is installing the temporary fitting.  If you just had the engine rebuilt, I'd contact the mechanic and have him check the pressure.  Now the good news, your likely lifter issue usually fades away by simply driving the car in a moderate way. It's not uncommon to have a collapsed lifter following a major rebuild--- However, again, if you've just had the engine rebuilt, I'd get the mechanic involved and committed to making a "call" regarding remediation. There;s always a possibility that something is very wrong, and running the engine could create a disaster.   Hope this helps, and perhaps another member will have some more information for you.    James