News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Authentic Headlights for 1947 Series 62

Started by bill_boos, July 03, 2021, 06:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill_boos

I've been told the headlights on my 1947 are European and not authentic. They may be halogen. Are the proper headlights sealed beams or ??. Are they available as NOS or good reproductions. I am looking for a balance of authenticity and functional brightness. My car remains 6V. If this is covered in an existing post, please point me to it and accept my apology for starting a new topic
2013 SL 550
2006 Bentley GT Continental
2003 CL 600
1947 Lincoln Continental Cabriolet
1949 Cadillac Sedan (sold years ago)
1956 Cadillac Convertible (sold)
1947 Cadillac Sedanette (Just Bought Oct 2019)

harvey b

The originals would have been a sealed beam unit,pretty sure they did not have the alignment "bumps" on them as well,just a smooth face on the glass lense.Not sure if they are being repopped or not?.Rockauto has the 6volt ones,but they have the little bumps on them for the aligners.Hopefully someone else will have a suggestion too. harveyb
Harvey Bowness

Jon S

Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT