News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Need reliable honest Carburator rebuilder for 76 Eldorado

Started by Jack Miller CLC# 24441, July 12, 2021, 05:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Miller CLC# 24441

Hi,

Can I get a recommendation for a good carb rebuilder?
My old guy passed away since my last one was needed.
Thanks
Jack

Jay Friedman

Try Larry Isgro, Wantagh, New York.  He's done several carbs for me to my complete satisfaction.
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."

brian faull clc#25881

I will second that Larry Isgro does a great job, and is a great guy.
brian faull clc#25881

Big Fins

If you can wait 2 1/2 months for the turnaround, Daytona Parts in New Smyrna Beach FL., does about the best work. Just bolt it back on. They tune it on their test engine before returning it to you.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

Larry Savino

I Mentioned on another post I am looking at a 76 that falls on its face when driving and I called a fellow i have used in the past and every thing he has done for me has bolted on and ran flawless.  That being said he quoted me around 350 ,if the choke is not broken damaged and a week turn around or so BUT ,he just left on vacation Friday thru the following weeks Monday if I understood him (1Week)
I am lucky I just drive to him and drop off no shipping delays or concerns
https://stevescarb.com

Pleasure to deal with ,no fancy coffee machine in lobby ,you walk in your in his shop and he is a real craftsman one carb at a time no mass productions. He has a machine he is able to set the carb with Good Luck

camelot

I've been using "carbs R us.com" Been doing carbs since he was 14 in his fathers shop and now is still there with his fathers retirement. Has website, and is in Thomaston Connecticut. Old school and knows his Carbs. He has done about 6 carbs for me including small engines and they start and idle afterward. Just my
experience.
1939 Cadillac 7519
1940 Lasalle 5019
1962 Cadillac 6339 4w

Finndorado

Jack
Harold Demes from Arizona is the best,
you won't be disappointed  !
In the attachment is mine.

https://youtu.be/tBDm9AUVQN0

email
chucknorbidemail addresses not permitted