News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Et Tu, Brute!

Started by Jason Edge, July 16, 2021, 09:49:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason Edge

I bought my 2002 Escalade EXT Brutus in 2004 with 22K miles and have used it since for hauling dozens of 63/64 Cadillacs in from all over the East Coast. It truly has been a brute, but has 157K miles and have had to do more aggressive maintenance recently, replacing the Hydroboost brake booster system, power steering pump and hoses, plug wires, hub & bearing, steering gear, alternator, shocks/struts, window regulators, and just odds and ends that come with an older car. It has a very stout 345 hp LQ9 6.0 Liter Vortec Engine and at almost 6000 lb weight it has the ability to tow the 7500 lb weight of my car hauler and parts cars better than say a 1/2 ton pickup truck usually with about 1000 lbs less curb weight!

I could name a thousand other reasons why the EXT is my vehicle of choice and perfect for me, but I will not go into that but will just say I have been looking hard for a 2013 EXT (last year built) with low miles. The 2013 has the 403 hp, 6.2 Liter L92 Vortec 6200 engine.. a true beast!   Well, I found my 2013 EXT, a Xenon Blue Premium Edition with 88K miles this past week in Houston, Texas and will be flying out Sunday, kicking the tires and signing the paperwork Monday, and making the long drive back to NC on Tuesday.. if everything goes as planned.  Since I call my 2002 Brutus, I have a name for the 2013 -> "Et Tu, Brute".. or on the license plate ET2BRUTE.   

So this should provide a vehicle that can pull in many more parts cars for many more years and give Brutus a rest.   Brutus of course will stay in my stable of Cadillacs ... he is like an older proud racehorse that gets to go graze in the meadows at Edge Manor!

2002 EXT - "Brutus"

2013 EXT - "Et Tu, Brute"

Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Executive Vice President
CLC 1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Director - www.6364Cadillac.com
CLC Carolina Region Webmaster - www.CRCLC.org
CLC MRC Benefactor
email - jasonedge64@outlook.com
1964 Coupe DeVille - Sierra Gold - http://bit.ly/1WnOQRX
2002 Escalade EXT - Black
2013 Escalade EXT Premium Edition - Xenon Blue
2022 XT5 Luxury Premium - Dark Moon Blue Metallic

71 Fleetwood

Great idea for the license plate!
1971 Fleetwood Sixty Special Brougham

BlackCads

Don't forget it was Brutus who participated in the stabbing assassination of Julius Caesar... thus the famous line "Et tu Brute?" (and you, Brutus?)

Jason Edge

Quote from: BlackCads on July 16, 2021, 07:16:30 PM
Don't forget it was Brutus who participated in the stabbing assassination of Julius Caesar... thus the famous line "Et tu Brute?" (and you, Brutus?)
Oh, Yeah, it's definitely the JC reference, but with twists & turns and layers... you know, like Shrek and the onion! LOL I don't remember a lot from high school, but Julius Caesar is one I do! I guess taking the JC reference explicitly implies the new EXT is Caesar, but let's hope Brutus (old EXT) doesn't stab him in the back, or the tail gate!  .... but if EXT II gets a Caesar complex EXT I might get revenge.... The plot (and layers) thickens!
Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Executive Vice President
CLC MRC Benefactor

Jason Edge

I flew into Houston Sunday, and picked up Et2Brute, my 2013 Escalade EXT and replacement daily driver for Brutus, my 2002 Escalade EXT on Monday as planned.   My sales lady Anna said I should go check out NASA just down the street before I leave which led to a discussion of Space Shuttles and rockets that I had seen take off from Cape Kennedy, and Florida's Space Coast.  I have always been a space freak (we were still going to the moon and evey driving vehicles on it when I was in 1st grade in 1970/71) and thought it was cool my 1st actual picture owning it was at NASA In Houston (see pic above).

After picking it up I headed to my aunt & uncles house in Orange, TX close to the State Line and spent the nice, then left yesterday at 8 am and drove non-stop for, 1,111 miles, only stopping briefly for gas fill-up twice, and pulling in my driveway at 1:41am early this morning.  You can see a clip form my Nest Cam pulling in this morning at this link: https://www.facebook.com/jason.edge1/videos/349138783436699 

It was the longest distance I have ever driven non-stop, but never got sleepy or tired.  I had my music ranging from Elvis to Prince, to Buck Owens to AC/DC (I have very wide taste in music) and of course had to do some Jimi, Janis, Buddy and ZZ since I was in Texas.... RIGHT!

All I can say is that 403 hp 6.2 Liter Vortec 6200 L92 Engine drives like a Boss. Even thought it is right at 6000 lbs, you could be cruising at 80, and punch it and it would raise the front and be on 90 before the grey matter upstairs could register how fast it was suddenly going and let off. I will feel really comfortable pulling the 63's and 64's and anything else around on the car hauler, or hauling anthing in the bed that extends via the midgate to the front seat, as I have with the 2002 for the last 17 years!

Today I washed the 1250+ miles of grime off of it and took the Yorkies out for a cruise. I also called Brutus the Pooch-Scalade... so I have annointed Et2Brute - Pooch-Scalade 2.0.

Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Executive Vice President
CLC MRC Benefactor

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Sweet ride Jason, many happy miles.
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

Jason Edge

As of about 9am yesterday, my 2013 Escalade EXT Et2Brute, has officially moved from Texas to NC ... titled & tagged.  I couldn't get the exact personalized plate I wanted but got ET2BRUT'. Should arrive in a few weeks.  Changed plug wires and plugs and as strong as that 403hp 6.2L L92 ran before, it runs like a rocket ship now.  I was driving it last night on a 4 lane road and one of these young kids with the new retro Dodge Chargers, with LED perimeter lights streaming every color of the rainbow, came flying in behind me, and jumped over in the next lane and was reving his engine. You know, stuff 17 year olds do.  There were no other cars around and when the light changed green he punched it and was gone like a cool breeze.... but for about 5 seconds I punched Et2Brute and was dead on his you know what?!    He was probably thinking "what the Sam Houston is that 6000 Cadillac doing on my bumper?!"  Anyway, it is nice to know that 6000 lb Caddy will get up and go like that when needed ... or even when not needed.

So far, very pleased with my "new" EXT ... even if I did have to travel 2500 miles to get it!

Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Executive Vice President
CLC MRC Benefactor