News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

scammer

Started by scotth3886, July 19, 2021, 08:07:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotth3886

Another scammer.  Looks like all of the rest doesn't it?

"Offline Lackstade45
Name: Mr Lackstade
TH400 kickdown switch
« Sent to: scotth3886 on: Yesterday at 05:38:38 PM »ReplyQuoteDelete
Kindly contact Randy in NC, he has a TH400 kickdown switch for sale in good condition Here's his email RandyPhillips026email addresses not permitted"

Carfreak

Does anyone really use the word 'kindly' other than international scammers? 
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

scotth3886

And it isn't just us Cadillac folks.

"Guy's beware of Randyphillips026email addresses not permitted, he will steal your money and vanish and NOT deliver parts. He was referred by Schwartzstuart6email addresses not permitted a fordbarner since 4/21. Also beware of carpart709email addresses not permitted (referred by fordbarner frankalex3755email addresses not permitted, these guys insist you send money via friends/family so they can ship today and when you refuse they vanish. I believe all these people are one person or a small group of crooks that we do not need on this site.
Vernon Blackwood"

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

Quote from: Carfreak on July 19, 2021, 09:46:05 AM
Does anyone really use the word 'kindly' other than international scammers?

Ha!!  Actually I do for work emails on a daily basis. I have noticed that I am doing it more and more with personal emails as well.
Can't wait until I can retire.
Jeff R
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille

TonyZappone #2624

If the forum were limited to club members, these things would probably not occur.  I have mentioned this before, and know the philosophy is to expose as many things Cadillac as possible to as many people as possible.  We are not talking about that much money for membership.  There might be that small population that could not afford that amount, but I doubt it.  If in fact there were people who really could not afford to join, I would be the first to contribute to an internal fund that would help them with membership costs.  I am amazed sometimes that there are regular participants that are not members.
Tony Zappone, #2624
1936 Pierce-Arrow conv sed
1947 Cadillac Conv cpe
1958 Cadillac conv
2016 Cadillac CT6 Platinum
2022 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle

chrisntam

Quote from: TonyZappone #2624 on July 23, 2021, 06:27:50 AM
If the forum were limited to club members, these things would probably not occur. I have mentioned this before, and know the philosophy is to expose as many things Cadillac as possible to as many people as possible.  We are not talking about that much money for membership.  There might be that small population that could not afford that amount, but I doubt it.  If in fact there were people who really could not afford to join, I would be the first to contribute to an internal fund that would help them with membership costs.  I am amazed sometimes that there are regular participants that are not members.

There is a CLC member in Utah that reportedly didn't pay for parts sent to him.  So there's that.
I don't know if I agree with having the forum for members only, but maybe some "extra" features for members.  Those that aren't members will gravitate to sites where there are no fees (Facebook) or other Cadillac sites.  Similar advice provided here can be found there.  Not sure what the answer is on that.  Why pay if you can get it free?   When there are articles on the web to read behind a paywall, I don't read them and move on.  Others would probably do the same.  For me, membership allows me to attend the Grand Nationals and the ability to join and partake in the local Cadillac club.  I think the free forum may bring in members.  I'd also be open to assisting with funding a subsidy fund for new members, but if they can't afford the membership fee, they certainly can't afford the upkeep and / or repair / restoration of an old car.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

z3skybolt

Quote from: Jeff Rose CLC #28373 on July 22, 2021, 10:08:05 AM
Ha!!  Actually I do for work emails on a daily basis. I have noticed that I am doing it more and more with personal emails as well.
Can't wait until I can retire.
Jeff R

Kindly cease and desist!  LOL.

Bob R.
1940 LaSalle 5227 Coupe(purchased May 2016)
1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series. Bought New.

35-709

"I am amazed sometimes that there are regular participants that are not members."
As am I!

Regularly amazed at those that are non-members thanking someone on these forums profusely for solving a problem and saving them a lot of money, hundreds, maybe thousands, not to mention a lot of time.  Ignoring the fact that it is the CLC and its paying members that make these forums possible as well as ignoring the fact that members may come and go and new members are always needed to keep the club active and strong. 
If I never attended another Grand National or participated in a local chapter, this club (not to mention the Self-Starter) and these forums are more than worth the price of admission, if for no other reason than the fact that members are supporting a great club and wonderful resource for preserving Cadillacs and LaSalles and the knowledge to do so.     
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Lexi

Agree. I would also add that I have met some awesome individuals on this Forum and also by attending GNs. For those non-members you don't entirely know what you are missing by not joining. I believe creating a fellowship among members is also one of the goals of the CLC, and there are some fantastic members in this organization. Always great to put a face to a name when at a GN. Tons of hands on learning there as well. Clay/Lexi