News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Window problem need advice

Started by BlackCads, July 24, 2021, 09:18:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackCads

The driver's side window on my 65 Eldorado popped out of the guides both front (at vent window post) and rear.
My plan is to remove the vent window assembly, reline the post with that fuzzy lining material and try to get the window back into its guides.
I do have a body manual for the car but it seems a bit vague as to how to best deal with this particular situation.
I'd appreciate any advice / tips for how to do this properly.
Thank you.

harvey b

I cant help much with the proper steps to reinstall the glass,but you need to fix why it came out,or else it will continue to happen,possibly a stop came loose or perhaps broke off?.Im sure someone else will have a picture for you to go by. harveyb
Harvey Bowness

BlackCads

Problem solved.
Removed the door panel and freed the stuck glass.
Installed new rubber on the window stop bumpers.
Removed the vent window assembly. Marked the adjusting bolts so I could replace them in the correct position when I re-installed the vent window assembly.
Stripped out old division post lining (it was cracking and crumbling) and put in new lining from Steele Rubber. Fits perfectly.
Re-installed the vent window assembly. Marking the adjusting bolts (2) was a big help. No extra adjustment necessary.
Greased the regulator and window works just fine now.
Re-installed the door panel (not easy if you have never done it before). Hardest part is re-attaching the door pull handle.
Went for a nice ride today and got the car inspected while I was out.