News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Pertronix 1183P6 6 Volt Positive Ground 8 Cylinder Delco Ignitor

Started by z3skybolt, July 24, 2021, 07:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

z3skybolt

I am ready to try the Pertronix in my 1940 LaSalle.  A few years ago I researched this subject and with assistance from persons on this forum found the correct item for my other 1940 LaSalle. Although I never purchased the Pertronix..... when I sold the car last year the Pertronix information was unintentionally sent with it.

Is this the correct one for my LaSalle?  If so I will order it ASAP.

Thank you,

Bob R.
1940 LaSalle 5227 Coupe(purchased May 2016)
1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series. Bought New.

wheikkila

I would think hard before I purchased a Pertronix 6 volt ignitor. I purchased one for my 40 LaSalle in 2018. I removed it about 6 months later. After I realized it would not spark when it got close to 5 volts. I got tired of carrying a jumper box with me everywhere I went.
Thanks Wayne

z3skybolt

Thanks Wayne,

I have concerns as well. My neighbor has a 66 Jag XKE, a 1967 Mustang and a 1952 Ford tractor. He put Pertronix in all of them and raves about the improved starting, smoothness  and added power.  I will give it more thought.  Thought it might be worth a try.  Good to hear of others experience, especially yours.

Bob R.
1940 LaSalle 5227 Coupe(purchased May 2016)
1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series. Bought New.

V63

It seems the 6v is at issue?  Or possibly positive ground? I tried in some packards and Ultimately abandoned favoring original points.

GregoryAlan

Look up 'Pertronix' on the web...
Go to 'contact us' and ask for 'support' & troubleshooting...
They will steer you in the right direction...

Ask them about some of the concerns brought up here...