News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

'54 Caddy seat like Buick? Need expert.

Started by Poncholover, July 25, 2021, 06:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poncholover

I picked up a surprisingly decent '54 Buick 4 way power seat and I expect it would fit a 55-57 Caddy & other GM B bodies but it looks like the seat "skeleton" is specifically designed for the power mech. & is not simply an add on.
Is the seat & power goodies a 1 package deal here, maybe someone knows.
Thanks in advance!
Flattie Caddy

V63

I would NOT anticipate 1957 would share.

Poncholover

Is there anyone familiar with the 54s & 55s?
Flattie Caddy

Cadillac Fleetwood

The four-way power seat rack will fit the 1954 and 1955 Cadillacs, and the 1956 Cadillacs with the four-way seat. Many 1956 Cadillacs are 6-way power-operated.  It will fit no 1957 models, as correctly indicated above.

The same four-way power seat rack will fit C-bodied 1954 and 1955 Buicks (the Supers and Roadmasters), as well as the B-bodied Buicks (Century and Special), together with the B-bodied Olds 88s and extended B-bodied Olds 98s.

There are minor differences in the actual shape of the chrome toggle and oval bezel of the seat switch, which mounts at the leading edge of the LH seat shield, facing forward.

-Charles Fares
Forty-Five Years of Continuous Cadillac Ownership
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 DeVille Convertible
1989 Fleetwood

"The splendor of the most special occasion is rivaled only by the pleasure of journeying there in a Cadillac"