News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

My rear end has never felt so good...

Started by Cape Cod Fleetwood, July 31, 2021, 12:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cape Cod Fleetwood

That got your attention, eh?

Michael got the new shocks installed today, to go with the new Detroit Springs he put in a few weeks ago.
Shocks are NAPA OES, # on shock is 196R1B, never saw the box for the shop part number. Spring # is MC1357

LOVE the blingy new tranny pan. Holds 3 extra quarts and the fins aid in fluid cooling allegedly.
And there's no such thing as being too cool.

Show Sunday, can't wait. Next Saturday is the Hagerty 'cars and coffee' at Heritage. "Blast From The Past" show
is the 28th, and I only have the 19th or 26th to get The Ark to Gillette Stadium. The shop said they'll get my door
and trunk lid replaced before the Blast show, yay!

Hope the front end gets done before Gillette, nothing like 200 miles of 495 at speed to tell you how your front end
is handling. New coils, part #MC5220 (MC1418 is specified but not in stock, these interchange), new shocks NAPA #NS 5815, new stabilizers with poly grommets as recommended by Phil Cobb, Moog part # K700535. All the NAPA shocks are made by Monroe.

Pics of the new shocks, blingy tranny pan, and before/after of the rear end. Sweet.

There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all