News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1932 Lasalle maintenance, finding parts

Started by Robsmcss, August 05, 2021, 08:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robsmcss

Looking for information as for maintenance on a 1932 Lasalle. What type of oil(is there a oil dip stick?), transmission/gear oil, diff fluid. Are there any online places to buy parts.

Also having a issue with the transmission when in second gear after let off accelerator sometimes it slips out of gear into neutral. Any info for where to find parts or possibly somewhere that rebuilds?

JeffBp

There should be a float rod at the rear of the engine in an open cylinder that gives you the oil level. It is on a 30 La Salle anyway. Suspect the gear issue is a bearing, cannot recall if it is topshaft or intermediate, but definitely no expert. Bearings may be hard to come by, not sure on that. I have a 33 370C which does the same and I bought bearings from an old guy who has since passed on. Hope this helps a little. Nice looking car.
Jeff Bidstrup CLC#21668

pmhowe

You need to visit the General Motors Heritage Center website and download the vehicle information kit for your LaSalle. It will have a lot of information you will find very useful, including maintenance info. I agree with Jeff: That is a handsome car!

wheikkila

Very Nice! I hope to own a coup one day.
Thanks Wayne