News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1966 cadilac deville .heater selector slide switch

Started by Frank g, August 07, 2021, 08:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank g

Youll guys will get a laugh outve this one ... well i discovered this past fall if i left my heat selected.in the on position that it.would draw battery and.car would be dead.... one time i slid the selector on the heater defrost control to far.to the right side.. WELL it wouldnt slide back so.i forced it fearing that it would kill battery. ... but it.didnt want to.slide.to.off probally cable or something .... WELL  EFF ME IT BROKE OFF ... 😳😥.  It almost seems like some kind of metal i used my leatherman to slide it back to atleast not kill battery but any  ..any suggestions how to.fix that???  Can i get the selector sqitch or need the whole unit ? THANKYOU FOR ANY HELP.IN ADVANCE .only had this car for.a 3.years still learning ...

Cadillac Fleetwood

I have a complete ATC dash control with the slide lever intact.  The slide lever is chrome plated die-cast, and is somewhat fragile, especially at the elongated hole where it pivots. Send me a PM.

Charles Fares
Forty-Five Years of Continuous Cadillac Ownership
1970 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 DeVille Convertible
1989 Fleetwood

"The splendor of the most special occasion is rivaled only by the pleasure of journeying there in a Cadillac"

Frank g

Oh great thanks. Ok but im a noob to this site so ill have to figure out how to do that lol thanks!

Frank G.

35-709

Frank, click on "Cadillac Fleetwood" in red in the upper left corner of Charles' post.  Then click on Send PM under his "handle" to send him a "Private Message".  You should be able to figure it out from there --- if not, come on back to this thread.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Frank g