News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Cadillac V 16 from India

Started by kersi, August 09, 2021, 04:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kersi

Hello Guys. This is my first post on the forum. I recently bought from USA - 1931 V16 452 Cadillac Sport Phaeton by Fleetwood. I have started to restore the car completely and would like to know the correct colour shade for the car. Enclosed below is the image of the car. Any details and help will be greatly appreciated.
KERSI

MikeGerman

Hello Kersi
welcom to the forum and congrats to such a beautiful car.
Somewhere in the engine bay is a tag with the paint number. Post it here and someone will help you.
Best Mike
Mike German
CLC#29979
1936 LaSalle Series 50 Coupe
1940 LaSalle Series 50 Coupe
1941 Cadillac Series 62 Coupe

Carfreak

Welcome kersi,

This link is for a previous discussion here about 1931 paint colors:   http://forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org/index.php?topic=102960.0

http://forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org/index.php?topic=134552.0
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Chris Cummings

Hi Kersi,

Do you have the build sheet for your car?  The build sheet for a 1931 Cadillac contains the names and numbers of the paint colors for the different parts of the car.  Cadillac mainly used paint from Duco (Dupont) and R&M (Rinshed and Mason).

Once you have that information, you can see if color chips are available to match.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,

Chris Cummings

Chris Cummings

Kersi,

It turns out I have a transcript someone made of the build sheet for your car.

That transcript shows the following information for paint colors:

Lower panels   Emerald Green  2414529
Moldings           Duco Argent 3835
Body stripe    Emerald Green
Chassis      Emerald Green
Fender set           Duco Argent
Wheelhouse    Emerald Green
Wheels             Emerald Green hubs with stainless steel spokes

Chrome plated hood ports and cowl vents are also specified.

Although I don't have a reliable reference for accuracy of the colors, from the photo, it looks like that's the way your car is painted. 

I hope that helps.

Chris Cummings

kersi

Hello Chris. Appreciate all your help. Attached is the build sheet. Hope that helps.
Cheers
KERSI

Chris Cummings

Kersi,

I apologize.  I confused your car with another dark green sport phaeton that was shipped new to Maharajah Bhupinder Singh of Patiala (built with right-hand drive). 

It looks like Tunis Blue is the only paint color you have to identify (black is easy, and Old Ivory for the pinstriping should be a simple off-white).  From what I've seen, Tunis Blue is an RM color, number 20230.

From the selection of build sheets I've been able to see, Cadillac offered applied at least twenty blue colors to various 1930 and '31 V-16 cars.  You might be able to find someone with a catalog (as in the message thread that was linked earlier).  Otherwise, you may be able to find a spot on the body of your car that is not exposed and that wasn't painted over.

Good luck.

Best regards,

Chris